No announcement yet.

Official: Lara-Rodriguez, Beterbeiv-Johnson PBC Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    So guerrero vs thurman wasn't a good fight?

Dirrell vs degale?

Khan vs algieri (which ended up being a good fight)

Quillin vs lee was a good fight

Its pretty simple. Bob arum can simply call haymon and say "hey lets get my fighters on your show". Dibella does it. Other promoters do it.

"oh but once they fight on PBC they can't fight nowhere else doe"

Wrong. Wilder vs Molina on showtime.
    guerrero vs thurman was their only exciting fight (and one of the only fights i watched from PBC). i didn't bother to watch the rest because i don't really support PBC and anyone involved with it.

PBC just needs to die out. it's hurting boxing's reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      you live in your own fantasy world hahahahahahahahaha. 3 million on network television for a debut is mediocre. and numbers have been worse and worse for almost all of their other shows. HBO is in FARRRRRRRRRRRRR less households, so doing 1 million+ is a far bigger deal than doing a little over 3million on a debut on network television. again, get a clue.

#1 ppv draw for fighting on a mexican holiday, stacking his undercard with other big names, fighting guys with far more exciting styles and with an already big fanbase (i.e. canelo, pacquiao, cotto, de la hoya, etc.) of their own. you think floyd gets #1 on his own and that majority of people don't watch to possibly see him lose?????? hahahahaha give me a break. you're clueless about floyd's inflated #1 ppv spot like you are with pbc's mediocre numbers.

a 12% increase only because of how busy of a day it was for nbc. many people tuned into nbc because of the french open and belmont stakes. PBC was just fortunate enough to be wedged inbetween these spectacular events hahahahahahah. you really need to actually analyze and not just look at numbers like a dunce. PBC truthfully can't stand on it's own.

i expect the next pbc show to go back to doing even worse numbers.
      your opinion that's its mediocre doesn't change the fact that the PBC shows are the 2 most watched boxing events this year, in the real world.

If less households makes a number more impressive to you than Wilder's 1.2 mil on SHO is more impressive than anything on HBO since its in 8 mil homes less than HBO.

this isn't a thread about Floyd, you can stop bringing him up.

Any way you cut it, the numbers went up. You can speculate on whatever caused the increase, it's an increase nonetheless, which refutes you saying the numbers are still dropping. They could drop again, as of now they are trending upward.

I know you want PBC to fail because you are threatened by Haymon. Just because you are insecure doesn't mean PBC is failing.

Comment

guerrero vs thurman was their only exciting fight (and one of the only fights i watched from PBC). i didn't bother to watch the rest because i don't really support PBC and anyone involved with it.

PBC just needs to die out. it's hurting boxing's reputation.
        Right there. Just stop posting & complaining then that they have "crap" fights when you haven't even bothered to watch it yet. Damn, you complain more than a female on her period ffs

Comment

So guerrero vs thurman wasn't a good fight?

Dirrell vs degale?

Khan vs algieri (which ended up being a good fight)

Quillin vs lee was a good fight

Its pretty simple. Bob arum can simply call haymon and say "hey lets get my fighters on your show". Dibella does it. Other promoters do it.

"oh but once they fight on PBC they can't fight nowhere else doe"

Wrong. Wilder vs Molina on showtime.
          Dibella has already hitched his wagon with Haymon and most his guys are signed with him. I think Lee is the only fighter not signed with Haymon

Hearn already hitched his wagon with Haymon while trying to remain neutral

Comment

Right there. Just stop posting & complaining then that they have "crap" fights when you haven't even bothered to watch it yet. Damn, you complain more than a female on her period ffs
            i won't stop posting about a con show that puts on mediocre match ups, has mediocre production, mediocre commentary etc. all i needed was to watch one event to realize how mediocre it all is. only thing good that came out of PBC is thurman vs guerrero everything else is complete trash and is killing boxing's reputation. i hope one day you will wake up and realize this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              your opinion that's its mediocre doesn't change the fact that the PBC shows are the 2 most watched boxing events this year, in the real world.

If less households makes a number more impressive to you than Wilder's 1.2 mil on SHO is more impressive than anything on HBO since its in 8 mil homes less than HBO.

this isn't a thread about Floyd, you can stop bringing him up.

Any way you cut it, the numbers went up. You can speculate on whatever caused the increase, it's an increase nonetheless, which refutes you saying the numbers are still dropping. They could drop again, as of now they are trending upward.

I know you want PBC to fail because you are threatened by Haymon. Just because you are insecure doesn't mean PBC is failing.
              8 million less homes isn't much really. not a fair comparison when NBC is in FARRR more houses than HBO and showtime combined. nice try though.

numbers only went up because of how exciting of a day for nbc it was. not because of PBC but because of the belmont stakes and french open. PBC benefited from all of this. if you don't want to admit this and live in fantasy land then that's your problem. i tried to bring reality to your dunce brain.

PBC can't stand on its own and haymon is bad for boxing.

Comment

i won't stop posting about a con show that puts on mediocre match ups, has mediocre production, mediocre commentary etc. all i needed was to watch one event to realize how mediocre it all is. only thing good that came out of PBC is thurman vs guerrero everything else is complete trash and is killing boxing's reputation. i hope one day you will wake up and realize this.
                See here you are insinuating that I'm "caught up" in some kind of vegetated state in which I don't have my own thoughts or opinions.

You are dead wrong. Ask anyone here. I was against the PBC thing. Monopolizing boxing and what not. Problem is. ANY promoter can have their guys fight on PBC, but some (ARUM mainly) doesnt want to swallow his pride and call him.

You saying "everything else is complete trash". Not necessarily. Quillin-Lee, Khan-Algieri, Garcia-Peterson was a hell of a fight, Dirrell-Degale, Panterita-Burns, McDonnell-Kameda. But again, you didn't even bother to watch those fights. How about you watch them first and then say how "crappy" they were?

Comment

8 million less homes isn't much really. not a fair comparison when NBC is in FARRR more houses than HBO and showtime combined. nice try though.

numbers only went up because of how exciting of a day for nbc it was. not because of PBC but because of the belmont stakes and french open. PBC benefited from all of this. if you don't want to admit this and live in fantasy land then that's your problem. i tried to bring reality to your dunce brain.

PBC can't stand on its own and haymon is bad for boxing.
                  I figured you'd abandon the "in more homes" argument once I brought up SHO being in less homes than HBO.

Again, if you think this is the reason, fine. That means NBC can put it on aftet big events in the afternoon ( ie, after Notre Dame games) to boost the numbers, same as it does when it puts a show on after the Super Bowl. Boosting the numbers doesn't mean it can't stand on its own.

The evening shows on NBC have stood on their own, so you would have to differentiate that from the afternoon shows, same way afternoon shows on HBO2 are not as big as evening shows on HBO.

You are entitled to your opinion. Increasing the number of TV slots for boxing means more fighters get showcased (thus raising their profile) and fights we may not have gotten (because HBO/SHO don't have or want to use the resources) can be made. That is not bad for boxing.

Comment

See here you are insinuating that I'm "caught up" in some kind of vegetated state in which I don't have my own thoughts or opinions.

You are dead wrong. Ask anyone here. I was against the PBC thing. Monopolizing boxing and what not. Problem is. ANY promoter can have their guys fight on PBC, but some (ARUM mainly) doesnt want to swallow his pride and call him.

You saying "everything else is complete trash". Not necessarily. Quillin-Lee, Khan-Algieri, Garcia-Peterson was a hell of a fight, Dirrell-Degale, Panterita-Burns, McDonnell-Kameda. But again, you didn't even bother to watch those fights. How about you watch them first and then say how "crappy" they were?
                    you are parrot for haymon. he has all of you under his spell and you are just puppets and parrots trying to push this mediocrity down our throats. i don't fall for it because i know better.

you are being fooled completely. first step to waking up is realizing you are in a dream state that is not in reality. again, i hope you realize the con show that is PBC and get out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I figured you'd abandon the "in more homes" argument once I brought up SHO being in less homes than HBO.

Again, if you think this is the reason, fine. That means NBC can put it on aftet big events in the afternoon ( ie, after Notre Dame games) to boost the numbers, same as it does when it puts a show on after the Super Bowl. Boosting the numbers doesn't mean it can't stand on its own.

The evening shows on NBC have stood on their own, so you would have to differentiate that from the afternoon shows, same way afternoon shows on HBO2 are not as big as evening shows on HBO.

You are entitled to your opinion. Increasing the number of TV slots for boxing means more fighters get showcased (thus raising their profile) and fights we may not have gotten (because HBO/SHO don't have or want to use the resources) can be made. That is not bad for boxing.
                      didn't abandon anything. just letting you know that 8 million less homes is nothing compared to how many MORE homes NBC is in. yet it only does 3 million at best hahahahahahah. sure showtime's wilder vs deontay fight did good numbers for being in slightly less homes than HBO but it's not more impressive than anything HBO has done. in fact canelo vs kirkland did over 2million. 1.2 million on showtime is equivalent to maybe about 1.5 million for HBO. try again.

PBC shows can't stand on their own. they just do mediocre numbers. numbers decline worse from their previous show if they're not being propped up by other big events like what happened last saturday (even then it still did mediocre numbers). i expect PBC will continue on a path of mostly mediocre numbers. no one really cares about it and you need to realize this.

PBC should be doing close to around double of what it got in its debut to be considered anywhere near a success. everyone knows about boxing, but no one cares about it because they have no reason to. PBC gives the public no reason to care about boxing. PBC has no exciting fighters except maybe thurman, commentary is boring snoozefest, match ups are the worst in boxing, quality is a complete downgrade from networks like HBO.
                      Last edited by Divine Hammer; 06-11-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X