No announcement yet.

Enough with crying over match making.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
    what?? they only get paid cause of the fans. Who the **** wants to see Garica vs Salka or Santa Cruz vs a cab driver?
    No one but in that case you speak with your wallet or remote. In a lot of the cases investors pay a lot of money for a whole bunch of match ups like pbc and those mismatches are provided and adjusted for. So if the staduim was empty it wouldn't have mattered. Boxing need the front runners to be front runners until the next big thing or things come along. Pac Crawford at top rank. Canelo for Oscar at golden boy. Broner garcia khan or Thurman for Mayweather. It's a lot of time and money invested. So you can't kill of the main characters the first season. You bring on special guest who be come co stars to replace the stars you kill off. That's just the business of boxing. So as much as we would want to see Thurman Danny Lucas Maidana and khan all beat up on each other every two-three months boxing isn't structured that way. So on you way to making big fights you have to give them showcase fights in the mean time.

Comment

Originally posted by Theirony View Post
      The best fights do eventually get made, however you can milk the cow and butcher it later. Your trying to make my topic something that it's not. I'm not saying I don't like combat sports knock outs or the best fights being made. I'm saying from the other side of the coin guys are gone do what's best for them and I accept that too. Danny porter broner Madiana Lucas Thurman all know that eventually they will rise to the top or get knock off the hill completely bc sooner or later they will all have to fight. So until then they are gonna line their pockets. Bc if they get knocked off the checks stop coming in.
      Call me crazy but I like competition sports to be competitive. But here's my issue aside from that. The guys you are talking about are elite fighters. They are paid big money because they have a skill that the rest of the world doesn't. If they do what everyone else can, why should they be paid like they are special?

Let's say you are a heart surgeon. You have a skill that very few people in the world have, so you are paid accordingly. But if you decide to wash cars on a weekend, don't expect to be paid big money for that too. Because there are tons of people who can wash cars. You don't deserve big paychecks to fight guys that anyone can fight. You only deserve top money to fight at the top level.

Comment

I get what you saying, but they will always be big fights and some one always lose and go to the back of the line. Just like with Canelo and Cotto. They both made a lil bit more money before facing each other. Bc one is gonna lose and go to the back of the line and one is gonna get a king ransom win lose or draw with GGG. Both guys insured them selves two pay days with the option of a monstrous third one.
        You are wrong about going to the back of the line.

If a good fighter loses they can bounce back and avenge their loss, this is what makes great fighters, you dont have to be undefeated to be a ppv star.

So many ATGs took a loss and it didnt take away from their career, its how they came back that made them so great.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
          Call me crazy but I like competition sports to be competitive. But here's my issue aside from that. The guys you are talking about are elite fighters. They are paid big money because they have a skill that the rest of the world doesn't. If they do what everyone else can, why should they be paid like they are special?

Let's say you are a heart surgeon. You have a skill that very few people in the world have, so you are paid accordingly. But if you decide to wash cars on a weekend, don't expect to be paid big money for that too. Because there are tons of people who can wash cars. You don't deserve big paychecks to fight guys that anyone can fight. You only deserve top money to fight at the top level.
          But in everything in life to get to an elite level you pay your dues along the way right. These got also fought for no money before. Made little to no money fighting 8 and 10 rounders and opening fights on Friday night fights. Making a lot of ppl around them more money than them. So excuse me if they wanna capitalize on their hard work they didn't get paid for every once in a while. I heart surgeon also had to do a residence before he makes big bucks right or wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
            You are wrong about going to the back of the line.

If a good fighter loses they can bounce back and avenge their loss, this is what makes great fighters, you dont have to be undefeated to be a ppv star.

So many ATGs took a loss and it didnt take away from their career, its how they came back that made them so great.
            So if Canelo or Cotto lose they are gonna be in the driver seat headlining a big show immediately after? I think not. They will have to work their way back to being the a side.

Comment

But in everything in life to get to an elite level you pay your dues along the way right. These got also fought for no money before. Made little to no money fighting 8 and 10 rounders and opening fights on Friday night fights. Making a lot of ppl around them more money than them. So excuse me if they wanna capitalize on their hard work they didn't get paid for every once in a while. I heart surgeon also had to do a residence before he makes big bucks right or wrong?
              Absolutely he did but once he became a heart surgeon he didn't say, ehh I like the money of being a heart surgeon so keep paying me that but 3 times a week instead of doing surgeries I'm going to change sheets around the hospital. These guys pay their dues the same way and are rewarded at the top with top level money. Once you get there you don't deserve top level money to do a bottom level job (in their case fighting guys way below their skill level).

Comment

You guys are suppose to be fight fans and boxing supporters right? Well for the first time in history. The boxers/ fighters are getting their just due... They are making more money and have more control of their careers now. For far two long, promoters been building up fighters and cashing them out and throwing them away like trash.

Ppl crap all of pbc. When in reality we need to embrace the new model. We are getting more boxing today and in the future. With pbc top rank golden boy HBO and showtime then ever. Boxing is getting more exposure more corporate dollars ad revenues. Which means less money spent on promoting. Which mean these guys don't have to go out there and fight to the death with top contenders every fight out and fight tooth and nail. So with that guys are gonna take some easy fights or fights for a pay check a nice size one, at that.

Look at all the greats of the late 80''s and early 90's. Those guys did fight everyone they did fight tooth and nail. While the promoters made top dollar. Not many of those guys had long careers or ended up set up financially. Many of them are broke and punch drunk even though they gave us so many great fights. Every training camp is hard ever fight is just that a fight. So if these new guys want to take some gimmes and steal a few pay checks I'm all for it. That's what makes boxing great bc a gimme fight can turn into a brawl or an upset or launch the career of the next great king.
                You're an idiot and not a fan of true competition, don't watch boxing anymore and please refrain from posting on this website.

Comment

So if Canelo or Cotto lose they are gonna be in the driver seat headlining a big show immediately after? I think not. They will have to work their way back to being the a side.
                  You obviously are one of those Malignaggi esque people who think being a boxer is a stable career move with a steady paycheck. Wrong. Cotto and Canelo have made millions and boxing isn't meant to be micromanaged to the extent where you have underserving guys milking every facet of the fight. Being a boxer is not a career! For the lucky few, they get what they put into it and in rare cases become a star. It is a competition and entertainment sport. For any professional boxer to get a career high pay of 1 million dollars is extremely rare. And to sit here and pledge your allegiance to the guys who have already made it, who are literally just taking advantage and milking their career in return for their ****ing spine and self respect just shows how idiotic you are about all this. Floyd Mayweather and his diva competitors are so quick to cry out wrong doing when boxer's, mainly themselves don't get their just do. But the minute the word "collective" comes into play with their over the top earnings they shut the **** up. Because you know and I know boxing is a chest game and those who make it, make it. Those who don't, don't. These kind of boxers you defend are millionaires and can do anything they want in life. Instead they chose to continue exploiting the idiotic casuals, otherwise betraying the paying fans to line their pockets before it's to late.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                    You obviously are one of those Malignaggi esque people who think being a boxer is a stable career move with a steady paycheck. Wrong. Cotto and Canelo have made millions and boxing isn't meant to be micromanaged to the extent where you have underserving guys milking every facet of the fight. Being a boxer is not a career! For the lucky few, they get what they put into it and in rare cases become a star. It is a competition and entertainment sport. For any professional boxer to get a career high pay of 1 million dollars is extremely rare. And to sit here and pledge your allegiance to the guys who have already made it, who are literally just taking advantage and milking their career in return for their ****ing spine and self respect just shows how idiotic you are about all this. Floyd Mayweather and his diva competitors are so quick to cry out wrong doing when boxer's, mainly themselves don't get their just do. But the minute the word "collective" comes into play with their over the top earnings they shut the **** up. Because you know and I know boxing is a chest game and those who make it, make it. Those who don't, don't. These kind of boxers you defend are millionaires and can do anything they want in life. Instead they chose to continue exploiting the idiotic casuals, otherwise betraying the paying fans to line their pockets before it's to late.
                    Great post bro! Green karma sent.

Comment

If the fight was close then there will be a rematch where they will make millions again and possibly a trilogy after.

If they lose badly then they can have a soft touch after and still be the a-side against any other boxer not named floyd or pac.

And for the winner their stocks will rise.

As soon as I notice someone with the "a-side" obsession then they are fans of the promoting side of boxing and not the actual fights.

I would like the canelo v cotto fight to be made and personally I dont really care who the a-side is after a great fight, I just want a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X