Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best potential matchup for remainder of 2015?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best potential matchup for remainder of 2015?

Looking for opinions on which matchups are most sought after for the rest of this year.

While personally I think Froch/GGG would the most stacked possible matchup, there are several others I've heard about that are debatably better...
    Saul Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto
    37.68%
    Carl Froch vs Gennady Golovkin
    27.54%
    Wladimir Klitschko vs Tyson Fury
    8.70%
    Kell Brook vs Amir Khan
    21.74%
    Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Leo Santa Cruz
    1.45%
    Other or Not looking forward to any
    2.90%
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-08-2015, 10:30 PM.

Walters vs Lomachenko

Comment

1 manny-marquez 5
      2 froch ggg
      3 canelo cotto
      4 ward kovolev
      5 WLAD-wilder
      6 khan-Brook
      7 wlad fury
      8 thurman-maidana
      9 lomachenko-Walters
      10 roman-Estrada 2

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        1 manny-marquez 5
        2 froch ggg
        3 canelo cotto
        4 ward kovolev
        5 WLAD-wilder
        6 khan-Brook
        7 wlad fury
        8 thurman-maidana
        9 lomachenko-Walters
        10 roman-Estrada 2
        Sounds like I should have done some more asking around before choosing the poll options! Ward/Kovalev and Lomachenko/Walters definitely deserve to be choices.

Thurman/Maidana would be huge but idk if Maidana can make the weight in time.

I heard about Roman/Estrada rematch before but idk if there is really much faith that Estrada can win a rematch. Or at least I wouldn't think so.

Manny/Marquez 5 is problematic given Marquez's age/injury issues but otherwise I'd totally watch that.

EDIT: Obviously Wilder vs Fury or Klitschko is an excellent fight but I put Fury/Klitschko since that's the mandatory defense at the moment.
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-08-2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Cotto vs Canelo will win the Fight Of The Year award for 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
            Sounds like I should have done some more asking around before choosing the poll options! Ward/Kovalev and Lomachenko/Walters definitely deserve to be choices.

Thurman/Maidana would be huge but idk if Maidana can make the weight in time.

I heard about Roman/Estrada rematch before but idk if there is really much faith that Estrada can win a rematch. Or at least I wouldn't think so.

Manny/Marquez 5 is problematic given Marquez's age/injury issues but otherwise I'd totally watch that.

EDIT: Obviously Wilder vs Fury or Klitschko is an excellent fight but I put Fury/Klitschko since that's the mandatory defense at the moment.

After the way maidana has blown up he would get ktfo making weight for 147. Walters/Loma is an awesome matchup but I got Loma getting sparked in 9

Comment

wilder vs his mandatory Povetkin is the most anticipated fight this year
              Last edited by aldo5408; 06-08-2015, 11:25 PM. Reason: if your american

Comment

Klitschko vs. Fury is the fight I'm most eagerly anticipating.

It's a very intriguing matchup. For the first time in years, Klitschko will be in with an opponent who has a good chance of beating him.

I think it's a 60-40 fight, with Klitschko still being the more likely to win, but Fury with an advantage of youth and size having a real chance.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs TBA

Hope it's Danny Garcia cuz his time has come to fulfill his destiny and come to rest in the spot of #49

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    wilder vs his mandatory Povetkin is the most anticipated fight this year
                    I forgot about that one... Good call, very interesting and high profile fight

Comment

Working...
                    X