Comments Thread For: Roach Confident Cotto Can Knock Canelo Out in Style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
    Great fight for boxing!

I favor Cotto to win because of his overall ability and experience, even though he is WIDE OPEN for Canelo's lead uppercut. If anybody's getting KO'd in this bout, it'd be Miguel.
    wide open? geale has fasted as hands as canelo..and geal threw several uppercuts..miguel cotto showed brilliant pull backs with his hands up not gettin touch with them anymore...cotto is no longer slouching over..thats wat made floyd uppercut him...h'es getting low at the knee..no longer the waist..canelo has no shot imo

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
      in reference to fights half a decade ago...jose cotto had canelo on queer street worse than mosley buckled Mayweather
      Canelo was what 18 or 19. That was a lifetime ago and basically that was his amateur career. For comparison Cotto turned pro at what 21 years old and fought nothing but bums with double digit loses for his first 2 years as a pro. Think about that. Bums that dazed Cotto once when he was a teenager has no baring on his chin. But what does is when he reached his prime and started facing world class fighters many small fighters have knocked him out or turned his face to mush. Canelo has never looked like that and has faced bigger and stronger punchers then cotto. And to remember a time his knees buckled you have to go back to him as a teenager that's a testament to what a strong chin he has, again one of the best in boxing right now
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-07-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Canelo has one of the best chins in boxing right now. Meanwhile Cotto has been knocked out, dropped many times, hurt and had his knees buckled by fighters much smaller and weaker then Canelo. If anyone gets knocked out its Cotto. Only chance I see for Cotto is to win a decision. But I don't see his face holding up 12 rounds against Canelo. He will rip his face to shreds like many other fighters have done but worse till the ref stops it or until he takes a knee again.
        canelo who almost got stopped by jose cotto has teh best chin in boxing?? lol trout has no power, angulo lost his, lara did not sit on punches and when he did canelo took it, but lara isnt a proven 1 punch ko guy on the worldclass level...floyd is not a power shot guy...canelo has not proved he can hook with a hooker and he also is highly unproved to head and body shots imo...kirkland doesnt generate power he breaks u down and outworks u until u take to many shots...

Comment

i find it very hard to favor canelo in this fight. cotto is just the better boxer/counter puncher and technician. canelo isnt the type of guy cotto struggles with. it will be a good fight but im thinking cotto right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
            wide open? geale has fasted as hands as canelo..and geal threw several uppercuts..miguel cotto showed brilliant pull backs with his hands up not gettin touch with them anymore...cotto is no longer slouching over..thats wat made floyd uppercut him...h'es getting low at the knee..no longer the waist..canelo has no shot imo
            This.

Cotto's defense has improved under roach and his efficient/smart movement is key right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              canelo who almost got stopped by jose cotto has teh best chin in boxing?? ...
              Just stop making up lies a teenager canelo was never almost stopped by jose cotto. He had a moment he was hurt just a moment nothing more nothing less. in a fight he was way up on the scorecards before he put cotto away...again as a frigging teenager a lifetime ago. Again name another time he was hurt you know more recently? lol I thought so. And you discrediting Trout when he embarrassed Miguel Cotto is Hilarious. Fact is since Canelo has been fighting world class fighters and grown into his body he has never been hurt. How many fighters since cotto has been fighting world class fighters has he been hurt, dropped or knocked out? And that was against Jr welterweights and welterweights. How many little guys have turned cottos face to mashed up hamburger meat? I don't see his face holding up to canelo. If cotto does hold up I seever the only way he wins is by decision
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-07-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I really think if Cotto boxes from the outside utilizing his jab, footwork he can frustrate Canelo.

Cotto should also mix it up by going to the inside (i.e body attack ) and clinching.

Canelo only looks good against opponent's who stand in front of him, if Cotto utlizes these aforementioned techniques /methods he cruises to a comfortable UD.

Comment

It should at be called COTTO VS CANELO

I think its going to be a very good fight, with Cotto getting robbed at the end by a bad decision. No knockout, but its posibble the way he is fighting now. His brother Jose Cotto almost knockout younger Canelo in the first round but yet he has never been hurt like that again. Look it up on youtube and watch n see

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Canelo was what 18 or 19. That was a lifetime ago and basically that was his amateur career. For comparison Cotto turned pro at what 21 years old and fought nothing but bums with double digit loses for his first 2 years as a pro. Think about that. Bums that dazed Cotto once when he was a teenager has no baring on his chin. But what does is when he reached his prime and started facing world class fighters many small fighters have knocked him out or turned his face to mush. Canelo has never looked like that and has faced bigger and stronger punchers then cotto. And to remember a time his knees buckled you have to go back to him as a teenager that's a testament to what a strong chin he has, again one of the best in boxing right now
                    Jose Cotto vs Canelo Alvarez look it up on youtube he almost knock Canelo out... Its a even fight and could either Canelo has the youth n size But Cotto has the experience n smarts, oh and left hook to the body again. 50-50 fight.

Comment

Freddie is confident that all of his fighters can beat the world.
                      He thought Khan was a great, he blatantly lied about Pac's chances against FMJ and of course now extols Miguel as reborn. The younger, stronger Saul will wear Cotto down and stop him after 8 good frames.

Comment

Working...
                      X