No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua should sign for K2 promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    With Wladimir being 39, and Joshua a couple of years away from world title level, I don't think these two would ever face off.
    K2 is probably the best promotional outfit for heavyweights, and they would want to get a slice of the future so Joshua could potentially take over where Wladimir leaves off.

They have a good working relationship already and Joshua would benefit from being a regular in klitschko training camps for the next couple of years.

He needs better training than what he's getting so that would help too.

Good idea imo
    I don't know that you're correct with that assumption. Despite his 'advanced age' he's still dominating and winning his fights pretty easily. Moreover, he's stated (on numerous occasions)that he wants to fight on and has not hinted at when he'll retire.

That said, Anthony Joshua seems to be on the fast track to top contender status. He's in tremendous shape and he's blasting guys out with relative ease. I think if Joshua stays on this pace, we could potentially see him face Wladimir in late 2016 or 2017. I think this is a very likely scenario given his popularity and his progression in his professional career.

I hope this fight eventually happens...

Comment

Have you had a brain fart, Earl?

Matchroom and Hearn have almost turned him into a household name in the UK after 13 fights.

I'm still not sold on him in the ring but they couldn't have marketed and promoted him much better

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        I do, he would wreck Cotto and Martinez.
        I agree that he would beat up Cotto, I'm not sure about the prime-near prime Martinez but the point was I don't know ffor sure because he didn't fight them yet so it can be also imaginable that he would failed short on those fight and he wouldn't be a bigger star than now BUT if he would be with Haymon/TR or maybe even with GBP we would know a lot more about him because he could.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Have you had a brain fart, Earl?

Matchroom and Hearn have almost turned him into a household name in the UK after 13 fights.

I'm still not sold on him in the ring but they couldn't have marketed and promoted him much better
          I think he's being managed well. Hearn rightly sees him as his lotto ticket going forward. And Joshua took a year to decide on Hearn so I don't see him jumping ship anytime soon.

Joshua has fought nothing but trash and yet is already getting major hype. I think Wlad will lose to Fury or Wilder. He's starting to look damn old. Then Joshua/Wilder/Fury will be making huge cash very shortly..

Comment

With Wladimir being 39, and Joshua a couple of years away from world title level, I don't think these two would ever face off.

K2 is probably the best promotional outfit for heavyweights, and they would want to get a slice of the future so Joshua could potentially take over where Wladimir leaves off.

They have a good working relationship already and Joshua would benefit from being a regular in klitschko training camps for the next couple of years.

He needs better training than what he's getting so that would help too.

Good idea imo
            K2 has no leverage in the UK, let alone anywhere outside of Germany/US; why would Joshua leave the top UK promoter (who also seems to have a budding business relationship with the top US power broker)?

Comment

True, maybe that's why Wlad praises him so much. He knows he won't fight him, so he might as well just give the guy props instead.

Comment

I don't know if Joseph Parker is signed with K2 already but he fought on K2 cards before, he's the more likely of the two to sign with them.

Comment

Terrible Idea! Joshua is better off with Hearn to help him continue to build up his Brand in his own back yard. Once he does that and become World Champion, they maybe he starts to work his way over to the States like Lennox Lewis did.

K2 focus should be to continue to build up GGG Brand, once he is a Draw then you can expand and add more fighters to the Roster.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    True, maybe that's why Wlad praises him so much. He knows he won't fight him, so he might as well just give the guy props instead.
                    I think Wlad will retire after he fights Fury and then Wilder W, L, Draw..

Comment

eddie hearn is the man for british figthers. he fine right where he is at.

people are dumb, let just pretend joshua signs with k2 wtf that doesnt mean he will move to where ever wlad stays and train with him every damn day lmfao. he will continue to be where he is at with his own team just promoted by k2. I swear some people DKSAB

Comment

Working...
                      X