No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Confirms Movement in Floyd Mayweather Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
    i thought about it right after the pacquiao fight. i dont get why floyd wouldnt just fight garcia at 140 and cotto at 157/160 in his next 2 fights. it'd give him 4 lineal belts at once and 6 in his career which are all brand new records. he'd retire 50-0 and have like 10 alphabet belts all at the same time. it'd be an amazing way to retire.

he'd probably have to fight danny first since cotto is fighting in 3 days and probably wouldn't be interested in fighting in september right away.
    But it's not about belts any more with Floyd (evidenced by him giving them all away after the Pac fight). And besides, Garcia has looked pretty crap of late, his star power has truly faded, a fight between him and Floyd would be a really tough sell. Garcia may be the lineal champ at 140, but everyone knows he escaped with the belts after the Herrera fight, and that he was fortunate to sc**** past Lamont. So it wouldn't be like Hatton, say, claiming the lineal 140 title by beating a respected legendary champ like Tszyu.

The highest Floyd could conceivably weigh for a Cotto fight would be about 152. I'm all for breaking records but a 152lbs fighter winning the middleweight title (160lbs) in a catchweight fight is a bit of a farce. He'd probably bring Cotto down to 54 so it'd be more like a lt-middleweight fight

Comment

Working...
    X