Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Chris Algieri beat Floyd Mayweather's Last 5 Opponents at 147, except Pacquaio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Chris Algieri beat Floyd Mayweather's Last 5 Opponents at 147, except Pacquaio?

This is bearing in mind the new & improved version of Algieri we saw against Khan against the EXACT VERSION of the opponents that Floyd fought, as if the fights had happened around the same time.

Maidana - 50/50 fight
    Guerrero - Algieri wins fairly easy
    Victor Ortiz - Algieri Wins easy
    Shane Mosley (after 1.5 year inactivity/layoff) - 50/50 fight
    Juan Manuel Marquez - (first fight at 147 , jumped up 2 weight division from 135) - Algieri Wins against THAT VERSION of Marquez.

So there we have it, the man who Khan recently beat, and who a few naysayers/trolls are slating at the moment, in reality would beat most of Floyd's recent opponents at 147 in my opinion.

I'd even give Algieri a better shot against Pacquiao because at 147 he wasn't weight-drained like he was against Pacquiao (144) and Prov (140). I think Pac still wins but it would be a much closer fight.

Anyway, which of those does Algieri beat in your view?
    Maidana
    9.27%
    Guerrero
    19.21%
    Mosley
    15.89%
    Marquez
    11.26%
    Ortiz
    27.15%
    Pacquiao
    2.65%
    NONE OF THE ABOVE
    14.57%
    Last edited by FlatLine; 06-02-2015, 09:52 AM.

No,and please stop trying to overhype him just because Khan struggled with him

Comment

Threads like this make people hate Khan even more man, Algeri is an average fighter with no rhythm at all. He is c-class at best. Khan has no power and appears to be losing speed

Comment

If Algeri tried to fight those fighters like he fought Khan

Shane-stops him
        Maidana-stops him
        Jmm-beats him badly
        Guerrero-mauls him
        Ortiz-drops and hurts him

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

Shane-stops him
          Maidana-stops him
          Jmm-beats him badly
          Guerrero-mauls him
          So Floyd is about to fight a guy who barely beat a guy who gets destroyed by all those guys?

Ok lmao

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

Shane-stops him
            Maidana-stops him
            Jmm-beats him badly
            Guerrero-mauls him
            lol who said he'd try to fight them like he fought Khan, the game plan is different for each fight - he'd obviously use his boxing skills in those fights.

The reason he fought Khan like a crude slugger is because he knew he couldn't outbox Khan - everyone else on the list he could probably outbox on his night (specifically the versions that Floyd fought).

Comment

Frankie Bruno, Salim Shady please...

How in the blue hell he would beat JMM? Don't kidding...
              He also wouldn't beat this version of Maidana.
              Guerrero would be a close fight and I think Guerrro will edge it because his toughness.
              Algieri would beat Ortiz though.

Comment

He might beat Guererro and Ortiz.

That's it.

Comment

So Algieri beats all those guys, does that mean Floyd's list of former opponents is now starting to crumble apart around him in terms of credibility?

Some of yall slating Algieri but he goes and beats most (or all) of Floyd's opponents at 147.. WTF does that say about Floyd then? lmao

Comment

I checked none but maybe he beats Ghost and Ortiz, but I don't know. Algieiri just isn't that good IMO.

This fight was more about Khan than Algieiri IMO. Either Khan had a bad day or he isn't as good as many think. I figured Khan, knowing a dynamic performance meant a possible Mayweather fight, would be dominant.

Frankly, had Algieri had any power, I think he would've KO'd Khan.

Comment

Working...
                    X