Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Chris Algieri beat Floyd Mayweather's Last 5 Opponents at 147, except Pacquaio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough to say. He can probably compete with Ortiz, Guerrero, and Maidana.

I see a lot of people saying Ortiz but Ortiz was a different animal when he fought Floyd. He's a shell of that guy today.

Comment

At the time Floyd fought them? Maybe Marquez. I doubt that though.

Comment

What's with you guys and this Algieri bs? He narrowly beat an overhyped ESPN fighter (ruslan), and he did okay against an overhyped Khan. Algieri is the best kickboxer in boxing... How about that? That's the highest praise I can give him. He's awful. He's easily timed, he has no power, and I think most of you guys crush on him or something. The way you guys praise Algieri is highly suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          This is bearing in mind the new & improved version of Algieri we saw against Khan against the EXACT VERSION of the opponents that Floyd fought, as if the fights had happened around the same time.

Maidana - 50/50 fight
          Guerrero - Algieri wins fairly easy
          Victor Ortiz - Algieri Wins easy
          Shane Mosley (after 1.5 year inactivity/layoff) - 50/50 fight
          Juan Manuel Marquez - (first fight at 147 , jumped up 2 weight division from 135) - Algieri Wins against THAT VERSION of Marquez.

So there we have it, the man who Khan recently beat, and who a few naysayers/trolls are slating at the moment, in reality would beat most of Floyd's recent opponents at 147 in my opinion.

I'd even give Algieri a better shot against Pacquiao because at 147 he wasn't weight-drained like he was against Pacquiao (144) and Prov (140). I think Pac still wins but it would be a much closer fight.

Anyway, which of those does Algieri beat in your view?
          Just stop it, now.

It's pathetic and weird.

You and Box-office need electro shock therapy or something.

Comment

So Algieri beats all those guys, does that mean Floyd's list of former opponents is now starting to crumble apart around him in terms of credibility?

Some of yall slating Algieri but he goes and beats most (or all) of Floyd's opponents at 147.. WTF does that say about Floyd then? lmao
            You need to lay off the meth. By meth, I mean Khan's balls.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
              You need to lay off the meth. By meth, I mean Khan's balls.
              What's wrong with putting things into context? Algieri is being underrated by some. He did beat Provodnikov and dominated him in a few of those rounds.

Not great against Pacquiao but styles make fights and Pac's style wasn't great for Algieri that night - had some moments of success though, slipped several times and some were wrongly counted as knockdowns.

Back to the "styles make fights": Based on that fundamental principle: Algieri might perform better against Floyd than he did against Pacquiao. And he may very well beat a lot of Floyd's previous opponents.

Comment

It's not a bad list in names it's that half the list are wash up and one guy is a blown up feather weight with no pop at welter

Comment

What's wrong with putting things into context? Algieri is being underrated by some. He did beat Provodnikov and dominated him in a few of those rounds.

Not great against Pacquiao but styles make fights and Pac's style wasn't great for Algieri that night - had some moments of success though, slipped several times and some were wrongly counted as knockdowns.

Back to the "styles make fights": Based on that fundamental principle: Algieri might perform better against Floyd than he did against Pacquiao. And he may very well beat a lot of Floyd's previous opponents.
                  "Styles make fights" is about evenly experienced fighters with different styles competing against each other, it isn't just the style without experience.

Algieiri has a style, but lacks amateur and pro experience. In 2010, would a 10-0 Algieiri beat SHane? In 2011, would a 12-0 Algieiri be a threat to Ortiz?

Comment

Man Khan looked like trash against a C-level uncoordinated feather fisted unranked boxer. Lets just call a spade a spade. Algeri is not ranked at 140 or 147 and just is not that good period.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      It's not a bad list in names it's that half the list are wash up and one guy is a blown up feather weight with no pop at welter
                      Maidana=not washed up=champion

Ortiz=not washed up=champion

Guerrero=not washed up was on the p4p list

Mosley= champion-p4p#3

Pacquiao-not washed up,champion,p4p#2

who are these washed up fighters?

Comment

Working...
                      X