No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua To Return in July, Big Fight on 9/12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua To Return in July, Big Fight on 9/12

Anthony Joshua MBE became the first fighter to stop Kevin Johnson inside two rounds in an awesome display of power at The O2, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Joshua blasted away at the American from the off, hurting Johnson immediately and then flooring him late in the round. Johnson was down once again on the bell but gallantly came out for the second stanza – but he only managed 80 seconds of the round before referee Ian John Lewis spared the American – who had never previously been stopped – from further punishment.

The 24 year old Londoner made it 13-0 and 13 KOs in the paid ranks inside three rounds – and Joshua said he will be back in the venue in the autumn to cause more havoc in the Heavyweight scene.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It has to be against Dillian Whyte. Kevin Johnson himself said "Dillian Whyte would KO Joshua faster than I would". It's time these two get it on, I'm sure Joshua wants to avenge his defeat to Whyte as an amateur.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a dillian Whyte match but I think he can find a better opponent, Whyte is living off a reputation from an amateur fight years ago, I'd like to see him build his value first.

Honestly I think Tony Thompson is the fight to make right now

Comment

Been really impressed by dude's skills.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          It has to be against Dillian Whyte. Kevin Johnson himself said "Dillian Whyte would KO Joshua faster than I would". It's time these two get it on, I'm sure Joshua wants to avenge his defeat to Whyte as an amateur.
          Yeah but the way Hearn confidently said they will fill the o2 again - and suggesting it would be based on Joshua's fight - that tells me it is Price rather than Whyte.

But its odd cos I think Joshua v Price could poss do Vicarage Road already

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            I wouldn't mind a dillian Whyte match but I think he can find a better opponent, Whyte is living off a reputation from an amateur fight years ago, I'd like to see him build his value first.

Ha - why? He absolutely halted the career of a fighter similar in progression and hype ('similar' not same) as Anthony. I would be interested in that fight but think it is 3 or 4 off to be honest. Not sure if they would consider there to be enough reward there. Thompson dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixHymz View Post
              Ha - why? He absolutely halted the career of a fighter similar in progression and hype ('similar' not same) as Anthony. I would be interested in that fight but think it is 3 or 4 off to be honest. Not sure if they would consider there to be enough reward there. Thompson dangerous.
              my thoughts exactly! Dillian Whyte in a domestic fight in July would be good in my opinion. Let us see who is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Dillian Whyte is the truth man, but you're right. This amateur fight is ridiculous. I mean, who cares.

At this stage, Whyte would get stopped too. He needs to focus on his own career.

Comment

People say Thompson is dangerous, but he isn't really. Price is packing china and we all know it.

TT fights in slow motion man and he's 40 something years old.

Comment

they should go for chisora. i reckon chisora can last 5 or 6 rounds and i also reckon joshua can beat him better than haye or fury did

Comment

Working...
                    X