Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which 168 Fighter Is More Athletically Gifted? Degale, Dirrell, Ward, Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    I added "and in doing that he still gets his punches off very fast". That's athleticism, I could also bring up the fact that Ward's upper body movement is visibly faster than Dirrell's, certainly more flexible.
    Stop. Wards upper-body movement is nowhere near Dirrells. Ward's body movement consists of a simple; bend over.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Stop. Wards upper-body movement is nowhere near Dirrells. Ward's body movement consists of a simple; bend over.
      I've watched enough of them to say that it's better.

Comment

Better was perhaps not the right word, but I'm saying it pertaining to the topic of athleticism, and you're claim that Ward's upperbody is faster or more flexible is pretty ******ed, unless you haven't actually watched Dirrell.

Comment

Comment

Sorry, last ones.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
              That's bold.
              I don't wanna bitching about it but why you see on this way?
              I think DeGale is solid, agile and technical but Ward is on an other level and would beat him with ease.
              I'd say they're on the same talent level as well. Both are quick and strong, but neither is exactly a dynamo athletically the way Dirrell is.

Difference being, of course, that Ward is among the most skilled fighters in boxing. Ward certainly is gifted, but not exceptionally so. He is so much better than others because he is remarkably well schooled and intelligent in the ring. Whatever people think of Virgil Hunter overall, he's done great things with Andre Ward.

Comment

speed and pwoer are teh basic components of talent in boxing.

it's andre dirrell. it's not all that close.

froch is strong mentally and physically.
                ward is strong mentally and has great, great craft. also has very solid upper body movement and handspeed. he outmuscled froch on the inside, if you recall.
                groves is a decent athlete with decent power.

Comment

that doesnt' mean he's a better athlete. ward's vision is much, much better than dirrell. dirrell reacts. ward anticipates.

Comment

ward athletic? lol! is wlad athletic too because of his holding ability?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      that doesnt' mean he's a better athlete. ward's vision is much, much better than dirrell. dirrell reacts. ward anticipates.
                      ward and wlad both anticipate when their opponent is about to throw a punch and hold them before they can do it. its brilliant stuff. their opponents must want to throw a lot of punches!

Comment

Working...
                      X