Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Froch beat Golovkin, would that finally put him above Calzaghe??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe and Froch can't be compared -- different breeds... Each one has his own place in British boxing history.

Comment

I think Froch is the consensus greater fighter already. A win over GGG is better than Calzaghe ducking Pavlik, a MW wanting to come up to fight Calzaghe, who Calzaghe would have whiped the floor with. If Froch fights GGG at 37, he would be doing something Calzaghe refused to do which is fight a perceived dangerous puncher coming up in weight. Froch could easily just call out Roy Jones Jr at Cruiserweight and KO him because "he's a legend" and then call it a career.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I think Froch is the consensus greater fighter already. A win over GGG is better than Calzaghe ducking Pavlik, a MW wanting to come up to fight Calzaghe, who Calzaghe would have whiped the floor with. If Froch fights GGG at 37, he would be doing something Calzaghe refused to do which is fight a perceived dangerous puncher coming up in weight. Froch could easily just call out Roy Jones Jr at Cruiserweight and KO him because "he's a legend" and then call it a career.
        Exactly! Froch beats Kessler in neutral or home terrirtory(remember even Calzaghe won very close as Kessler is a great fighter). Froch beats Old Jones, Froch smashes Lacy from pillar to post, Froch would beat Hopkins in my opinion but this is the only challenging fight in all of Calzaghe's resume. What about the flip side? How does Calzaghe do against a fast mover/runner like Dirrell that he was never exposed to that style? What about prime Ward? How about Jean Pascal? Yeah he may win most but he did not challenge himself the way Froch has, I highly doubt Calzaghe retires undefeated if he went through Frochs resume the way Froch did(like fighting Kessler in Denmark, fighting Ward in America etc)

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Calzaghe and Froch can't be compared -- different breeds... Each one has his own place in British boxing history.
          True.

Froch has a place that's higher than Calzaghe's.

Comment

No, GGG is a small middleweight. An undefeated record and wins over Jones and Hopkins will forever keep Joe above Carl but if you think Froch is better that's your choice so go ahead and put him over Joe.

Comment

Froch has waaaaay surpassed Calzaghe for me.

Comment

To me Froch has already passed Calzaghe, to be honest, Froch has faced better competition and has fought them one after the other. Roy was way passed him prime, and the B Hop fight should have been a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
                  What does this guy need to do, he's fought the murderers row of an epic supermiddleweight division with all the fighters in and around their primes, If Froch fought Calzaghe's resume exactly the way he fought them he would be very likely be undefeated also. Would Calzaghe be undefeated if he fought Dirrel, Pascal, Ward the like back to back to back.

Anyway this thread is if Froch fought Golovkin next and beat him/stopped him, would that finally put him undoubtedly above Calzaghe, as Golovkin is considered a potential GOAT at the moment??
                  Froch is already above Calzhage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                    To me Froch has already passed Calzaghe, to be honest, Froch has faced better competition and has fought them one after the other. Roy was way passed him prime, and the B Hop fight should have been a draw.
                    What he just said.

Comment

The thing is people might think Froch has a overall better resume than Joe. But at the end of the day, most think Joe would beat Froch and that will always count against Froch.

Comment

Working...
                      X