Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think Manny Pacquiao Ever Becomes P4P # 1 Again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not be too rough. I mean after I saw this vid from pre-fight, and given Manny's history of cheating on his wife, it is now clear to me exactly when and how his rotator cuff was torn.

https://vine.co/v/O1BbVPlajqm

I mean...look at her. No, really, LOOK at her.

Comment

His options are limited, his will to win against Mayweather was lacking and he's past his prime too. Just not possible, don't know how anyone could vote yes.

Comment

He was never the best fighter in the world IMO anyway. that fighter of the decade accolade is an absolute joke and a popularity contest. Mayweather made it look easy except for one fight the entire decade and Manny Pacquaio got outboxed by a past prime erik Morales, never beat Marquez clearly one time but got a draw and a 1 point win. He struggled mightily with this guy.

P4P lists are about opinions and I never saw him beating Mayweather and Andre Ward if they were the same size. He has too much trouble with boxers, and counterpunchers for me to ever think he was the best fighter in the world, regardless of weight class.

When Mayweather was on his hiatus, that's the only reason people said he was the best p4p, when Floyd came back and started beating everyone they said he wouldn't fight, it killed any type of shot at him being p4p number one.

Since 2009 mayweather has defeated better opposition as well.

Sorry but imo he never was the best p4p

Comment

To be #1 again you had to be #1 in the first place which Manny never was. So stupid post.

Comment

Originally posted by orechia View Post
            To be #1 again you had to be #1 in the first place which Manny never was. So stupid post.
            ding ding ding....winner

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              His options are limited, his will to win against Mayweather was lacking and he's past his prime too. Just not possible, don't know how anyone could vote yes.
              He knew he couldn't win after the first 10 seconds. Mayweather does that to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                If not for may weather being retired all of 08, PAC would have never even been considered to top the mythical rankings.

Floyd came back in 09 and schooled the same Marquez PAC couldn't beat clearly one time.... Also after a 22 month lay off.... Manny never was p4p number 1

IMO he never was number 1 p4p...ward had a good claim during Manny's run from 09-12...ward cleaned his division had wins over kessler, green, abraham, froch, etc...during those years Manny got a gift in his third fight with jmm, karma returned he lost to Bradley, and he got ktfo in '12.

All the hoopla came from winning titles in 8 classes....you can't ignore he fought in so Many weight classes and didn't defend his titles very much or fight many good fighters after career defining wins. He fought cotto, Mosley, dlh, and margarito all after looking unimpressive.

Manny is a great fighter who the media wanted to be the greatest thing since sliced bread all the while he was one of the best of his era, he never was the best
                Haha yes sure. Just hype. But your boss Floyd pissing on himself after seeing Pacquiao destroy Cotto. And before that knocking out People Floyd struggled against - ODLH and Hatton.

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
                  He knew he couldn't win after the first 10 seconds. Mayweather does that to everyone.
                  Pacquiao knows he won that fight. You making up stories for your boss.

Your boss is so great that only you guys here cheer for him. Whereas he gets booed wherever he goes.

The most Booed Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
                    This is what I said before the fight,

"It's intriguing because every southpaw Mayweather faced was made to be more tentative, they eventually got the point and started fighting more uncharacteristic, it's hard to imagine Pacquiao doing the same if a decision lost looks inevitable"

Although I thought about it, deep down I didn't see it, to think it actually happened.

Comment

Originally posted by sargo View Post
                      Haha yes sure. Just hype. But your boss Floyd pissing on himself after seeing Pacquiao destroy Cotto. And before that knocking out People Floyd struggled against - ODLH and Hatton.

Lol.
                      yeah it really showed how great Manny was beating ODLH in the worst condition he ever stepped in the ring as a pro....he hadn't fought at 147 in 7-8 years...a lot of people would have beat DLH in that condition.

ODLh at 154 and 33> ODLH 145 and older

Hatton was undefeated when Mayweather beat him....when Manny fights him its after getting knocked and a rocky fight with Lazcano

Oh yea Cotto was unimpressive prior to Manny facing him as well....do you notice a pattern?

Mayweather fights people after career defining wins, and Manny fights them after losses, beatings, and unimpressive showings.....yes....Mosley, Cotto, Hatton, and DLH

That Floyd was scared crap evaporated after he beat Manny May 2nd, and also after Mayweather came back and beat everyone he said was on his wish list.

every single one of them.....Pacquaio was never p4p the best in the sport no matter how hard you wanted him to be

Comment

Working...
                      X