No announcement yet.

Golovkin-Ward would be like Pacquiao-Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    aka grabbing and clinching. why not just come out and say it? are you ashamed to say it? what's wrong with saying cheating? i mean its just the rules. silly little things.

Lol you really entertain me man, don't ever change. I don't mean grabbing and clinching though I mean controlling GGG's head so he can land punches and avoid return fire. He did it to Froch perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
      The buildup for The Executioner vs. The Alien was incredible.

But the fight itself knocked out the entire audience and the ring doctors had to go around and revive them all with smelling salts.
      The Alien was no match for the Executioner.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        real talk.

i liked what monroe did at end.

he told the ref "i'm done"

that should be more acceptable in boxing.

fight hard, try hard but when no chance/getting beat up.... boxers should retire.

and not take crap for it from brave ringside commentators or warrior fans.
        if monroe had been given the standard 20 count like in norwood-gainer the fight could have continued. bad reffing by jack reiss.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          The Alien was no match for the Executioner.
          man you guys love your old fighters. the alien would school both the executioner and bhop on the same night!

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Lol you really entertain me man, don't ever change. I don't mean grabbing and clinching though I mean controlling GGG's head so he can land punches and avoid return fire. He did it to Froch perfectly.
            controlling his head? sounds erotic...i don't know what that means but i might like to try.

Comment

Andre Ward "RUNS" Now? I've never seen him run but apparently he runs.

I think Ward vs GGG would look a lot like Ward vs Arthur Abraham but GGG would do better than Abraham because he lets his hands go more and he is a much better boxer than Abraham clearly. But I think Ward keeps it in the middle of the ring, gets inside, show his strength and try to push GGG around inside and just outwork him inside making it hard for GGG to get off with his Power. Ward is a monster when it comes to inside fighting and if that is indeed GGG Weakness then someone like Ward will surely take advantage of that. But lets see how Ward looks after his Layoff!

Comment

Kessler fights nothing like Golovkin. The footwork alone is miles apart and when Ward tries clinching with Golovkin, instead of looking for the ref to break them everytime like Kessler did, Golovkin will shake him off and snap Ward's chin off the top of his head.

Golovkin grew up fighting, if this fight goes into trench warfare, he'll get nasty with Ward. Ward's bigger and faster, and will look to move and clinch but Andre Ward doesn't have the punch or chin for this fight. Ward needs 12 rounds to out point Golovkin, where Golovkin will begin breaking Ward down by round 2. If Andre couldn't come close to stopping Allen Green or a completely gassed Abraham, he's not stopping Golovkin.

I expect this to look like the first three rounds of Ward/Abraham, but even worse for Ward and Golovkin won't completely gas like Abraham did. Ward will get rocked atleast a few times, then look to survive.

Lets see RN step up and put up the money for this to happen in December.
                Last edited by Eastcoast; 05-18-2015, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Andre Ward "RUNS" Now? I've never seen him run but apparently he runs.

I think Ward vs GGG would look a lot like Ward vs Arthur Abraham but GGG would do better than Abraham because he lets his hands go more and he is a much better boxer than Abraham clearly. But I think Ward keeps it in the middle of the ring, gets inside, show his strength and try to push GGG around inside and just outwork him inside making it hard for GGG to get off with his Power. Ward is a monster when it comes to inside fighting and if that is indeed GGG Weakness then someone like Ward will surely take advantage of that. But lets see how Ward looks after his Layoff!
                  shiet. he better run vs ggg. at least a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    shiet. he better run vs ggg. at least a little.
                    If he didn't run against a heavy hitter in Froch, one of the most powerful punchers in the sport, I doubt he will against GGG.

About the only thing Mayweather and Ward have in common is that they know how to control distance. Ward would beat GGG to the punch from the outside and when GGG tries to come in, he'll stay close and work his ribs over. Of course, that's assuming Ward is still Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      If he didn't run against a heavy hitter in Froch, one of the most powerful punchers in the sport, I doubt he will against GGG.

About the only thing Mayweather and Ward have in common is that they know how to control distance. Ward would beat GGG to the punch from the outside and when GGG tries to come in, he'll stay close and work his ribs over. Of course, that's assuming Ward is still Ward.
                      you like froch?

i don't think froch is all that.

froch might be stronger but ggg got the better power imo. even at 160.

he has just hurts dudes. like it don't look all spectacular but you look at the opp face and see they're hurt bad. it's weird.

Comment

Working...
                      X