Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Chino Maidana was a born 154-pounder could he theoretically beat Felix Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Chino Maidana was a born 154-pounder could he theoretically beat Felix Trinidad?

Hypothetcal question. Stylistically, could Marcos Maidana beat Tito if they were the same size?

I think Maidana would brawl Tito out of the ring in a 12-round war.

Just imagine a big Maidana. #scary

The best brawler in today's era... whooped TBE's ass, lil bro's ass. Has intelligence and power in his punches. Sets traps and can set up his defense after he punches himself out.

VS
    Tito Trinidad, a tall, long puncher who doesn't gas out and has enough heart to endure an all-out war. His left hook will spark you out if he catches you square with it.
    Chino
    11.54%
    Tito
    88.46%
    Last edited by punchr; 05-17-2015, 03:53 AM.

Hell no. Since when has Tito struggled with a pressure fighter? Tito has ONLY loss to guys who boxed him. Tito would hurt Maidana badly. Even Lopez staggered Maidana. I mean I love Maidana he's a freakin warrior but you aren't going to out bang Tito. Especially since Maidana isn't a vicious puncher. He's a relentless puncher but he doesn't have that vicious one shot power. He just brutalizes you with pressure and volume in hope to overwhelm you.

Tito would light him up in a fun ass fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
      Hell no. Since when has Tito struggled with a pressure fighter? Tito has ONLY loss to guys who boxed him. Tito would hurt Maidana badly. Even Lopez staggered Maidana. I mean I love Maidana he's a freakin warrior but you aren't going to out bang Tito. Especially since Maidana isn't a vicious puncher. He's a relentless puncher but he doesn't have that vicious one shot power. He just brutalizes you with pressure and volume in hope to overwhelm you.

Tito would light him up in a fun ass fight though.
      Maidana can set his defense and let Trinidad burn off some energy for a couple of rounds. Then, he can unleash an all-out assault when Tito is semi gassed out. I know Tito has A+ conditioning but Maidana could box a little bit and walk Tito into traps. Felix has always been vulnerable to his opponents' various traps.
      Last edited by punchr; 05-17-2015, 03:59 AM.

Comment

You're right though -- it would be a slobberknocker.

Comment

Lol. No.

Good to see Chino still has nuthuggers though.

Comment

Great thread!

I picked Maidana..

Could be wrong, Felix was great, but Maidana knows how to bring a ****ing fight!

A 154 Maidana would be pretty dangerous.

Comment

Is this a serious post?

Comment

I mean I look at it more like Tito vs Mayorga. Maidana is certainly a better fighter but i think it's a similar style match up. A natural 154 Maidana or even at 147 would give him more hell then Mayorga and probably even hurt him since he's more relentless and does box better where Mayorga relies on the one shot to hurt you. He might even drop Tito but once Tito lands that left it's game over.

Comment

Just got me to thinking that Miguel Cotto vs Felix Trinidad would be a cool fight. Battle of the left-hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    Lol. No.

Good to see Chino still has nuthuggers though.
                    Originally posted by Joshua Child View Post
                    Is this a serious post?
                    I should stomp both you out on the G.P.

Last edited by punchr; 05-17-2015, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X