No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs Saul Alvarez. Who Wins. Public Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is how I think it goes:

The first half of the fight GGG fights behind the jab and fights the way he did in the Lemieux fight. Canelo lands a few good combos while countering and it's 3-3 at the half.

Somewhere around that midway point though Gennady lands a good shot that makes Canelo stumble a bit towards the ropes, causing GGG to go into attack mode. From there the firework filled war begins. Both guys will land big shots and it will be exciting til the finish.

Either round 9 or 10 GGG puts Canelo on the mat for the first time in his career, Canelo gets up but only makes it's another minute before being put down again. He still gets up but is clearly in over his head at that point taking huge flush shots while trying to retreat. He has too much pride to quit so his corner does for him.

Great fight that lives up to the hype and raises both fighters profiles.

War GGG!!!
    And
    War Boxing!!! We get what we wanted tonight fellas, hope you all enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
      We saw it against Floyd. But in this case, he may look a lot worse.

But he CAN hurt Golovkin, to the body. And he owns at least two judges in this fight.
      You guys gotta stop it with the judges bs.

Ggg can very well win a decision history has proven that aswell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
        Here is how I think it goes:

The first half of the fight GGG fights behind the jab and fights the way he did in the Lemieux fight. Canelo lands a few good combos while countering and it's 3-3 at the half.

Somewhere around that midway point though Gennady lands a good shot that makes Canelo stumble a bit towards the ropes, causing GGG to go into attack mode. From there the firework filled war begins. Both guys will land big shots and it will be exciting til the finish.

Either round 9 or 10 GGG puts Canelo on the mat for the first time in his career, Canelo gets up but only makes it's another minute before being put down again. He still gets up but is clearly in over his head at that point taking huge flush shots while trying to retreat. He has too much pride to quit so his corner does for him.

Great fight that lives up to the hype and raises both fighters profiles.

War GGG!!!
        And
        War Boxing!!! We get what we wanted tonight fellas, hope you all enjoy it.
        Fuuuck no that's not what we want.

You pro Europeans are funny.

What "we" want and what boxing really needs is a clear canelo victory.

Canelo can carry boxing now that floyd and manny are done ggg can not do that win or lose.

Comment

• Unless triple G gets old over night I give the edge to him.

Jacobs hit him with monster punches tru-out their fight. Unless it is a lower tier fighter Canelo does not score a KO and they way he eats right hands sometimes I just can't favor him.

Canelo defensive skills and chin can hold him up on the fight
          Last edited by TOBYLEE1; 09-16-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            You guys gotta stop it with the judges bs.

Ggg can very well win a decision history has proven that aswell.
            Ah, not quite. Check out the judges in this thing. Two judges who have given Canelo incredible scores in the past.

I'm amazed by people who don't see the corruption in boxing.

Anyway, YES Golovkin can beat Canelo by decision, as long as he knocks him down many, many times. He won't win any rounds where he doesn't score a knockdown.

Not excuses. Just reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
              Ah, not quite. Check out the judges in this thing. Two judges who have given Canelo incredible scores in the past.

I'm amazed by people who don't see the corruption in boxing.

Anyway, YES Golovkin can beat Canelo by decision, as long as he knocks him down many, many times. He won't win any rounds where he doesn't score a knockdown.

Not excuses. Just reality.
              Yea same thing ppl said that Tito couldn't get a close decision over dlh in Vegas .

Or mosley couldn't get a close decision either yet both got gift wins over the biggest star in boxing at the time.

Comment

• Post fight it's always interesting to see how the fans score the fight compared to the judges. Every once in a blue moon I post a link to Eye On The Ring here, it's a fan built site for round by round fan cards, with some aggregation.

Eye On The Ring: Gennady Golovkin vs Saul Alvarez

I did help with the initial idea years ago, and it's still the only fully neutral place for fan cards (that I know of) that's still going.

Comment

• its a shame monroe got this shot at Saunders, what a joke
                  i have saunders up 5-2

Comment

• when does the undercard start? boxnation starts in 1 hour but other nextworks start in 10 minutes?

Comment

• is it 2 or 3 hours from now? Want to get some drinks outside.

Comment

Working...
                      X