Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Andre ward would accept a fight being the B side against GGG? Obviously

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Andre ward would accept a fight being the B side against GGG? Obviously

GGG would be the A side. He would ask for a smaller ring and Lawrence cole as the ref to prevent holding and clinching. Do you think Ward accepts? Fuq no he doesn't. Fight doesn't get made even if they tried.

I doubt GGG would ask for a smaller ring. The ring tonight was huge and presented no problems. Ward cannot run and hide from Golovkin.

Comment

At what weight? Obviously if GGG is the "A side", he gets to drain his opponent like Cotto drains his guys.

Comment

Ward can't come down in weight & GGG doesn't need to move up as of now. Ward's next fight is at 172lbs...

Comment

i agree with you. It's clear to everyone except Ward himself that GGG is the A side yet Ward will think he is the A side and can call shots.

Comment

Ward is gonna lose out a lot of big fights thinking he is the a side, good luck to him

Comment

Nope. This fight only happens if it's done at 50/50 which is why I believe it will never happen.

I like Ward but he's his own worse enemy. He didn't want to take the fight against Bute in a big money fight even though it would have been an easy fight. He didn't want to go to the UK to fight in Froch home court even though he already beat him, and he didn't want to fight Stevenson. All because he wants to be the A side when he's not.

Ward needs to understand that he's an A+ fighter but a b side draw in boxing.

Comment

I dunno, Ward has some diva qualities about him that's for sure. Always wanting the fight in California, remember when he wanted to rematch Froch he was saying he wouldn't go to the UK despite obviously being bigger there. Wouldn't fight Bute because he didn't participate in the super six, which of course Froch fought instead and completely rejuvenated his career off that performance. Has demanded extremely high paydays for tune up fights. Was willing to sit out well over a year and turned down offers to fight because he was suing his promoter (after failing twice before that failure). Calls himself son of God. Did not allow Dawson a catchweight when he asked for one during the negotiations. Etc etc etc

Basically he's very demanding, hard to work with. With that said, after GGG accomplishes his goal at 160 and moves up, they should just give Ward what he wants (to an extent) just to make the fight, as a win over Ward would be a great name on his resume and really prove without a doubt he is the real deal. Sure it would suck for Ward when he gets KOd but at least he'll be compensated for it.
                Last edited by ИATAS; 05-17-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
                  Ward can't come down in weight & GGG doesn't need to move up as of now. Ward's next fight is at 172lbs...
                  Been saying Ward is closer in size to Kovalev than he is to GGG...

Have to wonder exactly what weight GGG-Ward would be fought at.

Comment

Does anyone know if Ward and HBO are on good terms these days?

I wouldn't think they are because they turned down his fight but haven't really heard much about it

I think HBO wants Golovkin for themselves and will probably pay to keep him fighting there.

Comment

Working...
                    X