Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Boxing go back to no win until someone quits or knocked out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is wrong when TBE is a guy whose opponents come out of fights looking handsome and ready to go more rounds: Guerrero, Canelo, Pacquaio.

Floyd's fights are more like figure skating or dancing. Very lovely and precise. And boxing "purists" are smug in proclaiming that they're the only ones who truly understand the fine art of watching a guy outpoint his opponent.

But I think boxing was invented to find out who can kick who's ass.

Floyd's ancestors in boxing -- Leonard, Ali -- did actually mess people up in fights, as Floyd did somewhat at lighter weights, years ago.

I don't condone limitless rounds. We don't want to kill people. But I'm in favor of fights with 15 rounds in which judges also reward aggression and discriminate between pitty pats and real punches that do damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
      Something is wrong when TBE is a guy whose opponents come out of fights looking handsome and ready to go more rounds: Guerrero, Canelo, Pacquaio.

Floyd's fights are more like figure skating or dancing. Very lovely and precise. And boxing "purists" are smug in proclaiming that they're the only ones who truly understand the fine art of watching a guy outpoint his opponent.

But I think boxing was invented to find out who can kick who's ass.

Floyd's ancestors in boxing -- Leonard, Ali -- did actually mess people up in fights, as Floyd did somewhat at lighter weights, years ago.

I don't condone limitless rounds. We don't want to kill people. But I'm in favor of fights with 15 rounds in which judges also reward aggression and discriminate between pitty pats and real punches that do damage.
      He has you writing paragraphs about him on a blog at midnight. He's doing something right. 48-0 deal with it

Comment

Well, if you want to go that route, why not go all the way? To the death. Marquez would have kept stomping Pacs head till his skull cracked open. Two men enter, one man leave. Will that satisfy you?

I think boxing is fine as it is. If anything I think horse hair gloves should be banned. We can always find more ways to protect fighters health.

Comment

Floyd is great. And midnight ain't late in my line.

But he leaves opponents looking too good to claim he's better than Ali, et al.

Comment

This is a joke right

Why stop there , why not fight until the death for our entertainment , while we're at lets throw in weapons and make it gladiator style and show who the real warriors are. Throw out health precautions because that's for p.uss.ies

People on here claim to be fans of a sport but just want violence

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              keep the 3 pt line, just make a new 5 pt at mid court and and an 8 pt line from the other side of the court. And after stopping the game to review the scoring shot; if it's determined that you got nothin' but net you get an extra 2 points for the shot.
              Bruh do you how many 200 pts games it will be. Players will average 60 pts per game. Lmao

Comment

For this to happen the authorities would have to agree to it and they never would. We haven't had boxing matches to the finish since the bare knuckle days of the 1890s. The rules were completely different. Wrestling and picking a man up and throwing him down was legal. A round ended when a man went down whether that was a minute or an hour. The downed man had a full 30 seconds to be standing up and ready to fight. His helper or second could do anything in those 30 seconds to revive him including using smelling salts. Holding and hitting was perfectly legal, an Andre Ward paradise. When a man could not continue within the allow 30 seconds the fight was over. Fights sometimes lasted for 8 hours or more. Does this sound like the kind of fights TBE would enjoy? Remember, a knock down for 10 seconds wouldn't do it. You needed to put your man down for a full 30 seconds to win unless they quit.

Comment

You don't appreciate the sweet science being employed by the slickest of slick?

fuggen beta

Comment

No, but the sport should go to 13 rounds in championships or back to 15.

Comment

I think that little over the top, boxers would have too short of a career if they keep getting KOed.
                      Instead Clinching should be banned completely.
                      If you clinch, it 1 point deduction.

Comment

Working...
                      X