No announcement yet.

Jesus! Canelo/Kirkland AVG 2.15 million views, Peak 2.3 million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Alvarez has definitely increased in popularity since he was last on HBO, but there is no doubt these numbers are propped up higher via Mayweather vs Pacquiao as the people who didn't chuck out the $100 or were unable to watch the fight last week surely we're tuned in & stuck around for Alvarez vs Kirkland.
    I didn't even bother to watch the May-Pac replay because I was afraid it would put me to sleep and I would miss the Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
      They didn't even televise Clottey's fight did they?

If they were planning on a Canelo/Clottey they would've made him the co-main event.

I think Cotto/Canelo should be next.

It should but Cotto isn't going to fight in June and then in September back to back, I'm pretty sure Canelo wants to fight on Mexican Independence Weekend. Cotto won't be available that soon.

Comment

Crold's gonna be delighted with that

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
          Crold's gonna be delighted with that
          I mean Croz, haha

Comment

Cool. But let's be cereal. Close to half are cause of May PAC. Who cares if it was "boring" they're still the only boxers most casuals know about lol

Comment

Floyd fan idiots: "only because of Floyd doe"....

@KevinI: The Floyd-Manny replay on HBO did 1.18 million, so Canelo basically doubled it. Strong number for the replay, A++ number for live bout

@KevinI: Wow, great numbers for @Canelo Kirkland on @HBOBoxing 2.146 million average and 2.296 peak. Best numbers since BHop-Tarver in 2006

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                If the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao were more action packed, that canelo kirkland fight would have done at least 4 million viewers, the casuals didn't carry over much. How many views did the replay do for the Pac May fight? im thinking after that some casuals just turned it off and didnt bother to watch the canelo fight?

Comment

Great news for the sport.

I already had a hunch they were going to do a very big number since there's a lot of good momentum going on.

The good news is it was a big number and the fight only lasted 3 rounds, the number would have probably grew over a little more time. The best news is it cleaned the palate from the underwhelming May vs. Pac.

It did better then DLH vs. Forbes so that tells you something.

Comment

Best numbers since Taylor vs. Winkly not Bhop vs. Tarver.

Comment

Dats all Merryweather doe...

Comment

Working...
                      X