Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should more boxers think like Kirkland since we pay their salary? Qoute inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should more boxers think like Kirkland since we pay their salary? Qoute inside

"I know that I come with excitement, which is what fight fans want to see. Knowing that my fans and supporters are spending their hard-earned money to come to this fight motivates me. I work just as hard as them when they are out there punching that clock to make the money to come see the fight."

good st uff, man is still gonna get laid out by canelooooo

Comment

You can be an exciting boxer even with no power

I like watching Herrera fight

Toney has good defence and an aesthetically pleasing style . Was expert on fighting off ropes rolling with punches

Kirkland doesn't know how to fight backwards. If Canelo presses him at some point during fight, he will let Canelo shoot his bother then come back with shots

He's physically strong and tries to smother you , doesn't use his southpaw stance.

Comment

kirkland's made some mistakes in his life, but the dude freaking brings it.

when he's in shape, motivated, and without distraction, he's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport.

he's a truly unique fighter. southpaw. swarmer. solid handspeed. power. spotty chin. i can't think of a fighter like him.

Comment

Great quote. Sort of echoes what Ray Mancini has said in the past. I like that there are fighters who actually consider the fact that the fans are paying to see them and just want to see a good fight. Even Floyd used to be a lot more exciting; I think it's just that once he got his record to 40+ and 0 he understandably got more focused on preserving that undefeated record no matter what. In order to really excite the fans you have to be a little vulnerable and take chances.

Comment

You can have the most exciting 5 fights in history and end up 0-5. then youre gonna get screwed at the negotiating table and not ranked in the top 20 for the money fights and divorced and homeless. THE FANS ARE NOT GONNA BE THERE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. Its a competition and you have to win competitions in sports to be recognized as one of the best. If Floyd fight down to Pacs level, people are not gonna say Floyd is a good boxer, they are gonna say that he really wasnt that good of a boxer and he cherry picked his fights. Winning is the ONLY THING. Stop kidding yourself cause Floyd showed that he's a greater BOXER. IF Floyd loses to pac from here on out, its because he tried to fight down to pacs level, which is just brawling, not boxing. Floyd is forever and will be recognized as the BETTER BOXER.

Comment

Commendable but at the same time, given his limitations, lets not act like he has any other choice.

Comment

This is an argument that will never be settled. But yea most fans prefer excitement. But if u can make a career on being great and having skills and u still get ppl to follow your, that's what most would choose. I like many different types of fighters tho. I think there's more than enough room for fans to appreciate everything especially if u are a hardcore fan. To each his own I guess. At the end of the day these fighters do go home to fans. They don't have fans supporting them when they retire. However they. Goose to make their paychecks is up to them as long as they bring something to the table.

Comment

You just quoted a well known ******

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    Commendable but at the same time, given his limitations, lets not act like he has any other choice.
                    Exactly,fighters fight how they fight because thats all they know

Comment

Working...
                    X