No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ariza: No Point in a Rematch, Pacquiao Was Shut Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post

This is basically what Kellerman said on the subject at some point after the match and what convinces me a rematch could be closer. FMJ still obv the favorite, but there were a few rounds that weren't really won convincingly by either fighter.

I'd say almost everyone would have Pac for rds 4,6 and almost everyone would have Mayweather for rds 1,3,5,8,11. Rds 2,7,9,10,12 were a bit closer imo, with some people scoring rds 2 (lederman) and 9,10 (2 judges) for pacquiao. I think a 4,6,9,10 card for pacs rds is reasonable, but it should be pointed out that a few other rds were not won by incredible margins and that a slightly better turnout for the pacman in a couple of those rds could have made the fight very close on points.

No one seems willing to acknowledge that a shoulder injury of this nature could have some impact on the contestability of the fight. EG, FMJ's somewhat contested win over JLC in their first fight (one that I had 7-5 in his May's favor) was followed up by his own claims that he hurt his shoulder and then he came back and won a very decisive fight.

To be clear, even if the fight WERE close on points, which it wasn't, then Mayweather still would have made Pac look bad in quite a few respects. It was hard to watch Pac lunge into the corner repeatedly only for Mayweather to no longer be there and at other moments swing at May who quickly gets out of the way and end up getting nothing but air. Mayweather was the better man that night and no one doubts that nor are they not giving Mayweather the credit he is due for that. I get all of this, but it does not change the fact that a rematch could be a closer fight.
    Ahaha what's going on Check_hooks!

Comment

same comment alex ariza before the fight happen of maypac, alex ariza revailed that maypac fight will not be happen. look what happen, the fight was going to happen. so i think there is a rematch between manny and floyd i think maybe april 2016. that's good

Comment

Originally posted by Stay Movin' View Post
        Ahaha what's going on Check_hooks!
        Had to google that ****. This is the 5th time I can think of that I've been accused of being an alt... The other one that was suggested was evol. Smdh. Why no one believe this is my main.

Comment

Yup it looks like a shut out.. I get you Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            In 9 months from now after all hoopla settles down a bit and Floyd is presented with the opportunity to make at least another 100 million...he will be all over it because he loves money too much to turn it away.

Ariza will be clamoring up to get his share and everybody who said they have no interest in watching a rematch will watch the rematch. More and more people will begin to believe the shoulder was an issue and fan the flame slowly. Consider that maybe the shoulder was enough to have made the difference in 2 or 3 of the close rounds and would have made it competitive otherwise...maybe a draw.

I have to admit I am beginning to believe that it affected his jab output...and anyone who thinks the surgery is a fake/conspiracy is crazy. I'm pretty sure it happened.
            You can't fake a shoulder injury in the united especially when all eyes are on you. No medical practitioner will risk losing his license for Pac.

Just pac's right hand output compared to any of his previous fights will tell you the large decline.

Without the right, he fought unbalanced. With that in mind he did what he could and to some even won it.

Comment

if pacquiao gets a rematch. .when is clottey getting his? he fought pacquiao battling stomach illness.. i wanna see what a fully healthy joshua does , maybe the stomach bug limited his jab output.. and in the rare instances he did open up, he landed everything. . pac-clottey 2, make it happen arum

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post

Yup it looks like a shut out.. I get you Alex.
                I can google three instances where guerrero hits floyd with clean shots... lets give the ghost his rematch too

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  As previously reported, eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao underwent surgery at the Kerlan Jobe Clinic in Los Angeles to repair a tear in his right shoulder rotator cuff at 10:00 a.m. yesterday.

Pacquiao was accompanied by his wife Jinkee during the one hour and thirty minute procedure and after some time for recovery was driven to his home and according to ABS-CBN reporter Dyan Castillejo smiled at reporters from the front door of his home.

Pacquiao’s longtime adviser Michael Koncz told the New Standard/BoxingScene.com that “the operation was a success and took about an hour and a half.”
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  pac***** got school. next

Comment

Originally posted by elishua F View Post
                    if pacquiao gets a rematch. .when is clottey getting his? he fought pacquiao battling stomach illness.. i wanna see what a fully healthy joshua does , maybe the stomach bug limited his jab output.. and in the rare instances he did open up, he landed everything. . pac-clottey 2, make it happen arum
                    ROFL. Clottey got rekt even harder than Pac against Mayweather. Doesn't help that he's been fightin bums since then. If Pac took this match y'all would turn right around and be like "RIOS, ALGIERI NOW THIS BUM AGAIN?". I think he should take a match against someone rated higher, but I wouldn't be upset about clottey because I can bet for some easy money against him.

Comment

Originally posted by elishua F View Post
                      Pacquiao isn't getting a rematch. Saturday night was the end of two careers.

Comment

Working...
                      X