Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Battle of Ohio......in Vegas.

LOL WTF

Comment

• I got Broner all the way. I mean sure Porter has a great chance to apply a Maidana type mauling style but Broner by far is the more accurate crisp puncher. I see Porter fading big time in this fight due to the weight issue and the fact that he fades consistently. Win lose, Haymon must of convinced Porter that it stands as a not so defining loss if he were to lose because of the atrocious weight agreement. And if Porter wins he could milk the **** out of the weight debacle and say he won at under his top condition.

Comment

• Porter doesn't have a chance at that weight. Broner might KO him but because of the catch weight Porter & the Broner haters will have a built in excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          I think Broner pulls it off. I know many people will be influenced by the Maidana fight but Porter doesn't hit as hard as Maidana and isn't anywhere near as awkward with his punches. Yes he has the physical strength which will be a issue but he often smothers his punches.

Porter is wide open to counter when he lunges in, even in his last fight Bone was tagging him clean. Broner has good enough pop to get a fighters respect and is good at countering in the pocket.

Plus you have the catchweight, Porter couldn't even sweat at the Brook weigh-in and always looks dry when the fight starts, another 3 lbs is going to hurt him.

Broner by MD... close fight because of Broner's inactivity in some rounds.
          I really don't get the catchweight Broner was a champ at WW it's not like he's a smaller guy who has never fought at the weight and is testing the waters. what could be the reasoning other than simply trying to drain Porter? which I'm sure is precisely the reasoning I'm just saying how will they justify it to the fans/media?

Comment

• Anyone know why this fight isnt being put on in Ohio?

Seems logical to me.

Comment

• Though I don't have a lot of faith in Porter after he choked against against Brook due to inability to adapt, he's got a lot of mobility which is something Broner doesn't cope with. He's incredibly stiff and can't pivot well as evidenced by his fights with Paulie and Marcos. That's Porter's key to getting in and landing those hooks that Adrien doesn't seem to see too well. As long as Shawn's head is on straight, he takes a decision and highlights Broner's fundamental issues in the process.

Comment

• Porter by KO

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Though I don't have a lot of faith in Porter after he choked against against Brook due to inability to adapt, he's got a lot of mobility which is something Broner doesn't cope with.
                  Not to mention Shawn is extremely busy, which is also something that Broner has a lot of trouble with. Stylistically it's really a bad matchup for Broner, so I give him some props for taking the fight -- but the CW is obviously going to be a tough hurdle for Shawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Anyone know why this fight isnt being put on in Ohio?

Seems logical to me.
                    MGM requested a big fight on this date

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      MGM requested a big fight on this date
                      Ah ok. Still annoying they can't take it to the fans who would be most interested in it.

Makes a better atmosphere

Comment

Working...
                      X