Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, was Ali a draft dodger?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion, was Ali a draft dodger?

Or did/do you agree with the political stance he took aganist the war in Vietnam? How would you feel if a modern day champion refused to go to war? I know times are different but athletes prior to Vietnam and post Vietnam have gone to war for their countries.

Personally, Im a Vet but I dont believe in drafting people because quite frankly Id rather have a guy that wants to be there fighting next to me than one that is forced, but at the same time if your country needs you...
    Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 04-29-2015, 01:55 PM.

I'd applaud any man or woman, athlete or otherwise, who stood up and called the Iraq and Afghan wars for what they are: illegal occupations of foreign lands to steal their resources and provide territorial control and protection to the United States allies.

No man should go to war and believe he is exempt of any moral responsibility.

Comment

My country didn't need our boys fighting politcal wars. Ali had ballz and stood for his believes. They weren't totally mine but he had his say and it cost hm dearly. Tha guy had guts and proved in many ways that the public missed out on. He's ok by me, I worked for him briefly and he was a gentleman !!!
      Ray.

Comment

Ali was a great in the ring but when it came to defending his country he was a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
          Ali was a great in the ring but when it came to defending his country he was a coward.
          He wasn't a coward, far from it.

The US's involvement was initiated using a false flag. The US had no legitimate reason to get involved in that war, with the exception of it being used as a proxy against China\Russia.

Comment

Ummmm no. He stood for what was right, and that was not fighting someone elses pointless war
            Last edited by Easy Work.; 04-29-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

After WWII, there wasn't that many "wars" that I agree with, if at all... All of the wars after was none of our business, maybe the afghan war, but why go beyond.

Comment

that war was pointless killing, and if he believes his religion doesn't allow him to do what he needs to do, he shouldn't have to do it.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Ali at all but looking back one of the most ****** and unjust wars ever.

Comment

Not a draft dodger at all. He didn't flee the country or anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X