Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Top Rank learn something from Mayweather Promotions? Floyd gifts Badou Jack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tell you something.

If I was an up and coming fighter, I'd link up with Al Haymon immediately and join Mayweather Promotions ASAP. As soon as Floyd retires most of the PBC bouts will take place under the M. Promotions banner, and Schaefer will probably be running things instead of Ellerbe, who isn't smart enough to run things. There isn't a single better combination than that. Talk about a secured future in the sport. I would thank Al Haymon EVERY chance I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabagool
      you jealous?
      wtf. But floyd does take care of his guys. Also bought Tabiti a car. I know promotors woo fighters before they sign but idk about after winning titles and such. Nice gesture

Comment

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
        I'll tell you something.

If I was an up and coming fighter, I'd link up with Al Haymon immediately and join Mayweather Promotions ASAP. As soon as Floyd retires most of the PBC bouts will take place under the M. Promotions banner, and Schaefer will probably be running things instead of Ellerbe, who isn't smart enough to run things. There isn't a single better combination than that. Talk about a secured future in the sport. I would thank Al Haymon EVERY chance I get.
        i'm sure you would. you are just the kind of spineless co-ckroach that he loves to control i mean manage.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Here's a piece on how Top Rank first signed (or poached) Mayweather:
          entirely different circumstances.

like you said, thats how they signed mayweather. to give a fighter who isnt under contract a bunch of stuff to lure im into signing with them isnt the same as giving someone already under contract something simply for doing a good job.

all promoters who have money shower the top prospects with gifts in an attempt to win them over. but once they get that signature things change. TRP werent promoting floyd the right way or paying him enough, he has proved that in his accomplishments since leaving.

Comment

one of Floyd's former assistants came out with a book late last year where she wrote that getting paid by Floyd depended on his mood. If he was happy, he'd pay and buy gifts for you, if he wasnt, you'd get nothing. Wildly inconsistent.

I suppose its different if you're a boxer as there's probably contracts that have been exchanged between fighter and promoter but for me, I'd go with Top Rank, they seem more of a stable environment to develop your career in. They've been around for a number of years and have built careers with clever matchmaking for many of the stars we see today.

Comment

This thread and it's thread starter just go to show you how ****** Floyd's fan base truly is.

In typical moronic fashion, Floyd gets his fighter a watch instead of a healthy bonus. Anyone with half a brain knows that once that watch leaves the store it's only worth 30% off what it cost retail.

If I'm a fighter I'd just say give me the money that the watch would cost as a bonus.

Dumb Floyd fans think giving a guy a watch is a great way to take care of them...it's not. If the watch cost $10K the guy can probably only get $3K for it now if he wanted or needed to sell it.

The one poster here who mentioned the woman's book who used to work for Floyd is right. She complained that when it was time to get paid he'd give you a damn watch LOL. A watch doesn't pay the fuc+in' rent fools!
              Last edited by Kenny Blankenship; 04-27-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Top Rank bought Floyd multiple cars and saved him from James Prince.
                Saved his zero with that Madonna gift too

Comment

Everybody loves getting a bonus, and who exactly doesn't like nice watches. Now Floyd probably has a chest full of nice watches like that, so there is that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
                    This thread and it's thread starter just go to show you how ****** Floyd's fan base truly is.

In typical moronic fashion, Floyd gets his fighter a watch instead of a healthy bonus. Anyone with half a brain knows that once that watch leaves the store it's only worth 30% off what it cost retail.

If I'm a fighter I'd just say give me the money that the watch would cost as a bonus.

Dumb Floyd fans think giving a guy a watch is a great way to take care of them...it's not. If the watch cost $10K the guy can probably only get $3K for it now if he wanted or needed to sell it.

The one poster here who mentioned the woman's book who used to work for Floyd is right. She complained that when it was time to get paid he'd give you a damn watch LOL. A watch doesn't pay the fuc+in' rent fools!
                    These are gifts. They are already getting paid what their supposed to dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      These are gifts. They are already getting paid what their supposed to dumbass
                      You know that how? The only thing we have to go on is that its known that he gives 'gifts' instead of a full paycheck and he demands these back if he falls out with the said individual.

IF however, he has been payed in full(and floyd isnt going to demand it back) then its a nice gesture from his boss. Hard to have a problem with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X