Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse and Garcia for the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    compubox man? how desperate are you? even if you were a stupid sheep and believed these numbers it only proves what i said. boxing is scored round by round and these numbers show matthysse outlanded garcia in 6 rounds and with the point deduction lucas wins lol epic fail.
    Desperate?? Garcia won and no one even argue that..you are the one desperate

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

Yeah, it's a shame, I definitely think LM would be perceived somewhat differently if he received the Ws he deserved in those bouts, he shoud've pushed harder for the KO. A Crawford win via would do wonders for his reputation even if Crawford is perhaps not really all he's cracked up to be, he's being pushed as something special.
      nah, they won't give credit to lucas, i mean, look at the posters that said ruslan was gonna crush him?

the judah fight was close, i think the KD should have sealed the deal in lucas favor, but it didn't. the alexander bout was a robbery, plain and simple.

Comment

Happy to Larry, I posed the question as to how they're looked upon and what they need to do. As to their best wins, it goes beyond one win to whole body of work. The standards for entry really aren't what some portray them to be though, for example, the notion of Judah getting in while one I disagree with wouldn't wholly shock me if it occurred.

List Zab's best wins...Matthysse would probably be top 5 in that list and he didn't even deserve the decision in that one.
        Lucas isn't even a world champ and u want him in the HOF? Zab was lineal and 2x champ cmon now. You could argue Lucas should be champ from the lamont fight but he hasn't done shlt

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          nah, they won't give credit to lucas, i mean, look at the posters that said ruslan was gonna crush him?

the judah fight was close, i think the KD should have sealed the deal in lucas favor, but it didn't. the alexander bout was a robbery, plain and simple.
          I remember there were a couple threads going through that bout round by round re-scoring, the score most came up with was 8-4 Matthysse. It would've been like giving Ruslan the draw last weekend, you could make a tenuous case for Zab but a win to him wasn't the correct result.

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Lucas isn't even a world champ and u want him in the HOF? Zab was lineal and 2x champ cmon now. You could argue Lucas should be champ from the lamont fight but he hasn't done shlt
          I asked you to list Zab's 5 best wins then explain to me how his record is better. We both know the lineal stuff has a lot to do with timing, just look at Miguel Cotto at MW right now.

Comment

he did win and while fighting with one eye and while being fouled constantly. you would see the same thing if you judged it fairly. which 7 rounds did garcia win? i'll wait.
            Judged it fairly? I picked Matthysse and bet on him to win

But he lost and it's not even debatable. You must've been one of the people who banged on about how Matthysse was going to end Garcia's life before the fight and are now just bravely going down with the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Desperate?? Garcia won and no one even argue that..you are the one desperate
              an appeal to popularity is a logical fallacy. just because most people think garcia won doesn't mean its true. i explained my position but you ignored it and kept saying "well everyone else thinks he won." what's your response to my actual claims? round by round matthysse was better or even at worst and the knockdown was a foul. you can't smash a guy in the back of the head and throw him in the ropes where he becomes tangled and then knock him down. don't even pretend like that was legit. if manny did that to floyd you would cry forever tears and you would be right to complain. it's not legal. the ref f-ucked up and you are fu-cking up by not calling him out. the fight went from 114-113 matthysse to 114-112 garcia because the ref missed that call but i guess its just easier for your brain to write "garcia beat him up doe!"
              Last edited by daggum; 04-26-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I remember there were a couple threads going through that bout round by round re-scoring, the score most came up with was 8-4 Matthysse. It would've been like giving Ruslan the draw last weekend, you could make a tenuous case for Zab but a win to him wasn't the correct result.

I asked you to list Zab's 5 best wins then explain to me how his record is better. We both know the lineal stuff has a lot to do with timing, just look at Miguel Cotto at MW right now.
                I don't know all the fighters he's faced I wouldn't be able to give a fair assessment. But there's no way Lucas is ahead of him. He didn't even beat zab no matter much u dream he did

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Judged it fairly? I picked Matthysse and bet on him to win

But he lost and it's not even debatable. You must've been one of the people who banged on about how Matthysse was going to end Garcia's life before the fight and are now just bravely going down with the ship.
                  down with what ship? matthysse gets much more praise than garcia right now. no one takes garcia seriously at all. i'm just saying if you don't count the knockdown matthysse would have won. it was an atrocious call and clearly bad reffing. i don't know why we as judges should just accept bad calls.

Comment

I don't like wishing harm on people and I like Matthysse (hate his fanboys) but it's threads like these that make me want to see Matthysse KTFO.

Comment

an appeal to popularity is a logical fallacy. just because most people think garcia won doesn't mean its true. i explained my position but you ignored it and kept saying "well everyone else thinks he won." what's your response to my actual claims? round by round matthysse was better or even at worst and the knockdown was a foul. you can't smash a guy in the back of the head and throw him in the ropes where he becomes tangled and then knock him down. don't even pretend like that was legit. if manny did that to floyd you would cry forever tears and you would be right to complain. it's not legal. the ref f-ucked up and you are fu-cking up by not calling him out. the fight went from 114-113 matthysse to 114-112 garcia because the ref missed that call but i guess its just easier for your brain to write "garcia beat him up doe!"
                      Get over it man..HE LOST..............

Comment

Working...
                      X