No announcement yet.

Thank You Al Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
    At this point PBC is just a level above ESPN. That's cool though, gotta start somewhere and I'm sure they'll improve. As a fan I really don't care what network a fight is on as long as it's entertaining. Don't really understand the network cliques that float around this forum.....
    I don't care what network a fight is on. Just give me a great BOXING production with a ring announcer, proper ring entrances with a fighter and his entourage and his choice of music, title belts being held high and proud, ring girls and a crowd that is into the fight along with some decent commentators and I'm in heaven.

Give me the crud that PBC is putting on the air and even the best fight cannot get my interest. They are almost as bad as watching a computer simulation of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
      The man gives us free boxing and in front of a national audience and you clowns spit in his face. Boxing is doomed to never make it on this level thanks to little crabs like most of you.

im a hardcore boxing fan so, im gonna watch every card on every channel regardless of production.

but for any casual fan tuning in, there is no way that these pbc cards would turn you into a boxing fan.

it looks like low budget boxing, when its the total opposite of that

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        I don't care what network a fight is on. Just give me a great BOXING production with a ring announcer, proper ring entrances with a fighter and his entourage and his choice of music, title belts being held high and proud, ring girls and a crowd that is into the fight along with some decent commentators and I'm in heaven.

Give me the crud that PBC is putting on the air and even the best fight cannot get my interest. They are almost as bad as watching a computer simulation of a fight.
        Due to your inability to look at anything involving PBC objectively, your opinion means less than nothing. You're some boxing "fan". This guy would rather shell out the cost of a premium channel to watch GGG slap the crap out of no hopers than watch a PBC on network TV.

I don't know the first thing about Haymon. Don't know his personality or his business model, but I know I'm watching a helluva lot more boxing lately and no one can convince me this is a bad thing

Comment

The commentary on PBC is a downer.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            Due to your inability to look at anything involving PBC objectively, your opinion means less than nothing. You're some boxing "fan". This guy would rather shell out the cost of a premium channel to watch GGG slap the crap out of no hopers than watch a PBC on network TV.

I don't know the first thing about Haymon. Don't know his personality or his business model, but I know I'm watching a helluva lot more boxing lately and no one can convince me this is a bad thing
            Another one who just can't comprehend the point. I DO NOT CARE IF IT IS HAYMON OR ARUM OR OSCAR WHO IS PUTTING ON THE PBC SHOWS!!!

The shows are boring as hell. There is no excitement. They look like they have been put on by high school kids, no wait... make that grade school kids, as far as the production quality is concerned. I have never said that having more boxing on television is a bad thing. I have said that it can be presented and produced much better and that the current production will not attract any new fans to the sport. In fact, it might even turn some new fans away with the lackluster production values and in the end cause more damage than anything else.

The overinflated purses Haymon is paying out for these shows may also damage the sport in the future, preventing many quality fights from ever being made in the future because the fighters demand amounts well above what they are worth and above what any network is willing to pay.

Time will tell who is correct.

As far as paying for a premium channel, HBO is basically free for me as it is included in my TMN movie network package for the HUGE cost of $15.00/month. For this extreme expense I get 6 movie channels, HBO as well as the Crave TV service and access to all the HBO and Showtime back catalogue. I get all of this for less than the cost of two seasons of The Sopranos on DVD, all of which are included in my package and can be viewed at any time or on any mobile device or computer anywhere I happen to find myself. I did not get HBO for boxing, I would not cancel it if they stopped showing boxing.

Comment

pbc has sucked so far, i feel it might turn people off boxing if they dont start putting some top fighters in there, with exciting styles

Comment

PBC is great for 2 reasons- more fights on TV and better fights from competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  The fights have been good. But the commentary is horrible and the atmosphere at the fights are dead.

I thought it would feel like ppv on regular tv. Instead it feels like espn Friday night fights with bigger names.

I still prefer hbo/showtime.

Haymon needs too add Antonio Tarver to the commentary team
                  Tarver was commentating at ringside at the fight in Chicago.

Was he just a special guest on Spike or something?

He looks like he might have gained a few pounds from his last heavyweight fight. LOL.

Comment

The PBC production is kinda lacking and the atmosphere is terrible. I actually prefer FNF ESPN production. But the fights are okay, not great but okay.

Comment

boxing fans hate boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X