Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Events: No Interest in Stevenson-Kovalev Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care which TV channel in the world airs a particular fight -- I get it on my plasma for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      This thread is funny. Englishmen and Romanians arguing about which American TV channel these two should fight on.
      As an American i'm sure you are the one that will get to make all these important decisions, does Al Haymon ask your advice on all his business decisions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Then he can go do that, Kovalev fight is on the table.

Fonfara, Sukhotsky, Bika, Fonfara...if that's what he's about now, it's his choice.

Michel already confirmed Stevenson was free to go to another network.
        why would GYM put Stevenson-Kovalev on HBO Championship Boxing for $2m when the could possibly be able to put Stevenson-Kovalev on Showtime for $2.5m, or on NBC/ESPN/CBS/etc for $4m?

keep insisting on HBO as the only viable venue for fights; you'll keep looking ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
          Even without Haymon, Adonis is set.

Look at everyone GYM can pair him with.

Look at how much money there is to be made locally.
          The pimp has no more than 2 fights left.

(If he was "set" even without haymon, then why did he signed?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            This thread is funny. Englishmen and Romanians arguing about which American TV channel these two should fight on.
            About as funny as an American arguing about which tv channel a Russian and a Haitian should fight on.

You understand the fights get aired in our countries too? if they don't come to an agreement none of us get to see the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              Even without Haymon, Adonis is set.

Look at everyone GYM can pair him with.

Look at how much money there is to be made locally.
              No he is set because of Haymon, he has a platform to get overpaid to fight mediocre opponents. GYM is Haymon's proxy.

Comment

About as funny as an American arguing about which tv channel a Russian and a Haitian should fight on.

You understand the fights get aired in our countries too? if they don't come to a network agreement we don't get to see the fight either.
                You know he probably doesn't understand that.

Comment

You understand the fights get aired in our countries too? if they don't come to a network agreement we don't get to see the fight either.
                  ... But the kid told us why: he is interested in the progress of boxing in his country... at large.

Comment

• In the end I believe Kovalev and Main Events needs Adonis Stevenson more than Adonis needs them. Al Haymon has a slew of fighters Adonis can make $$$ with on PBC. Kovalev and Main Events don't quite have as many options imo.

No matter what, it makes no sense for Al Haymon to bow to HBO. If its about $$$, and it is ,then NO ONE CAN PUT UP AS MUCH $$$ for both fighters as Al Haymon can.

Not even HBO, so this talk about contracts with networks from Duva is not relevant, the $$$$$ decides, that's it, and if your not serious about making the most $$$ for your fighter no matter who can offer it, then your playing Politics and I'm calling your Bluff.

Boom. :ANYWORD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      why would GYM put Stevenson-Kovalev on HBO Championship Boxing for $2m when the could possibly be able to put Stevenson-Kovalev on Showtime for $2.5m, or on NBC/ESPN/CBS/etc for $4m?

keep insisting on HBO as the only viable venue for fights; you'll keep looking ridiculous.
                      They can't "possibly", because that's not on the table. Their choice is to take HBO money or send Stevenson back to fight cans for less money before the Chilemba fight is forced on him by the WBC.

Comment

Working...
                      X