Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a fighters lifestyle outside the ring affect how you view him as a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a fighters lifestyle outside the ring affect how you view him as a boxer?

Not to mention any times but a lot of boxers have colourful histories and lifestyles in boxing. Will your judgement or affinity for a boxer be affected by time spent in prison, criminal charges, bad political views...tweets or so on? Or do you judge boxers purely on their contribution to boxing within a ring?

Yes

Bernard Hopkins has my respect for his discipline

Comment

For me, nope. For most though, you'd think they're intending to date these fighters.

Comment

It depends really.
        If he goes on murdering babies or that sort of thing ofcourse it does . besides that, not really.

Comment

No.

Well I take that back. Rapists/Wife Beaters/Child Prostitution Pimping/Etc. is slightly frowned upon, however as long as you're whooping ass in the ring those are just minor non-issues.

Comment

You been here long enough to know the answer for that.this site is damn near like a gossip forum

Comment

If it's good then yeah I'll be happy and if not then I don't care. So, Chris Algieri's #championlifestyle is something I look up to. Not that he is my favorite fighter, but I do believe he is one heck of a talent.

Comment

I'm not going to be a fan of someone who abuses women/children and give them my money just because they're good at a sport. Not how I was raised.

Tweets and trashtalk I don't really care, part of the fun.
                Last edited by ////; 04-22-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Yes on the stuff that can affect their health/body. But even then...it depends on who it is though, because there have been many fighters who can live fast, drink, etc and show up on fight night and kick ass.

Criminal stuff.. unless it's something heinous, I don't really care. If they did their time then I'm good with that. For troubled people like that, I see boxing as an outlet, as the final stop, hopefully a deterrent from that sort of life. I give them a shot to redeem themselves and hope that they do

Political views...I always felt that boxing was one of the last bastions of free speech in sports - we hear all sort of **** that would never fly in other sports. I prefer it like that.

Comment

Yes.....see my username. I despise thugs!

Comment

Working...
                    X