No announcement yet.

Could a trainer save Ruslan's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by califo View Post
    I doubt a different trainer would make a difference. You can't train a pitbull to be a hawk.
    Haha I was going to say you cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear , same meaning as yours but mine is an actual saying .

The guy is what he is and the best a trainer can do is match him correctly , forget being something he is not and pick his fights to win .

Comment

Roach can make anyone's career.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
        Been thinking about this, and honestly other than having an epiphany overnight, he needs someone else in his corner

Posting a poll w/ some options
        he already has he trainer of the universe!!!!!!!!!

Comment

all good choices roach has done nothing for him

Comment

It is too late for Ruslan to change. He is at his best already. Maybe a couple more fights and he is hanging them for good. I am actually surprised that he made it that far.

Comment

The guy has no defenese, he should move up to 147 and have 1 more war with Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Unlikely at this stage.

I think he's an overachiever as it is. He was an ESPN caliber fighter for years, then Bradley decided to fight him which at the time no one took seriously but Ruslan made the best of it and nearly fought himself to a draw. He's really been living off that performance since.
                The Alvarado win was pretty impressive I thought.

Comment

I think it's to late in the day now. I also think even the slightest tweak in his style would make him less effective as a fighter.

I wish he would move his head though. For his own sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
                    The guy has no defenese, he should move up to 147 and have 1 more war with Berto.
                    He would murder Berto, it wouldn't last long. Berto's with the Haymon protection league though, so no-go.

Quality fighter Ruslan, with the right promoter he might be a two weight world champion and 27-1-0 or 27-0-1.

As it is, he's 24-4 and struggling to land another fight. C'est la vie.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 04-21-2015, 02:21 PM.

Comment

You can't just take a guy almost 30 fights in, and expect him to just "change" what he is. It's too late for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X