Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there a double standard for Kovalev and Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I defended Stevenson then and I'm defending Kovalev now.

Comment

Stevenson deserved the blame a year ago..

Currently the blame is on kovolev and duva.. They wanted to be mandatory, got a purse bid, had Stevenson backed into a corner and then basically said "no mas"

Comment

The difference is, that Main Events is still interested, just with direct negotiations instead of a purse bid. The winner of the bid dictates network as well, and ME knew they would lose the bid to GYM and Haymon. Especially with Krusher now aligned with HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by -makavelli- View Post
          you guys know im a huge kovalev fan but his team's decisions, if this fight doesnt get made, has me very disappointed
          x2 .......

Comment

to much binniss going on up in here

Comment

Kovalev is a duck.....simple as that....he is a duck just like Stevenson was.

Comment

its boxing so im watching

Comment

First off I'm not claiming either fighter is ducking or scared but there's some blame on both parties. But right now the blame is on Duva

Stevenson jumped ship because he's a old champ and Haymon probably whispered in his ear on why he'd make more $ with him. I can't say I blame him. I'm sure he wants the fight if nothing more then the huge payday that comes along with it. The timing of it left a bad taste but who cares he needs to look out for himself. I'm sure he doesn't want to go back to laying the beat down on underage H0es again to get some paper.

Clearly Sergei wants the fight but Main Events and Duva are 2nd tier h0es that only chance of sucess is sucking off the HBO nipple. Her concern should be getting the most $ for Kovalev and herself which probably won't happen with HBO but her hoe ass drew a line in the sand and wants everyone to take short money to please HBO.

I'd be pissed if I was Kov ( More $ in 1 fight then he's gotten in his whole career combined in a fight he'd be the favorite ) Hopefully he isn't tied down too long so he can leave this 2nd tier 1 fighter Promo company and make this fight because it's obvious Duva only wants it on her terms which means it probably won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    I dont get it.

All those posters who lamely defended Stevensons duck of Kovalev by saying it was a binnisdecision, is now attacking Kovalev for making a binnisdecision.

Why are they not defending him in the same obnoxious manner?

Why the double standard?

huh??

i see it the exact opposite way..

when stevenson was looking at other options people were outraged, he was a coward and a disgrace to boxing.

when kovalev stepped away form the fight it wasnt really his fault, it was all kathy duva and main events'. nobody ever blamed yvon michel, or even al haymon and we know how people love to blame him for all kinds of ****. not only that but the whole thing was funny all of a sudden, no outrage whatsoever.

stevenson had a reason not to fight kovalev too, unlike kovalev at the present time. stevenson may have fought lesser competition but he was looking at pascal and hopkins, more accomplished at the time than kovalev. they figured they had a better chance at beating kovalev though so he had to settle for lesser opposition.

when kovalev came out on top and climbed ahead of pascal and hopkins, stevenson looked to fight him because he was deserving. kovalev however didnt want it despite the fact that everyone knows there is no fight more meaningful out there for either of them.
                    Last edited by #1Assassin; 04-16-2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

They both goofed.

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                      First off I'm not claiming either fighter is ducking or scared but there's some blame on both parties. But right now the blame is on Duva

Stevenson jumped ship because he's a old champ and Haymon probably whispered in his ear on why he'd make more $ with him. I can't say I blame him. I'm sure he wants the fight if nothing more then the huge payday that comes along with it. The timing of it left a bad taste but who cares he needs to look out for himself. I'm sure he doesn't want to go back to laying the beat down on underage H0es again to get some paper.

Clearly Sergei wants the fight but Main Events and Duva are 2nd tier h0es that only chance of sucess is sucking off the HBO nipple. Her concern should be getting the most $ for Kovalev and herself which probably won't happen with HBO but her hoe ass drew a line in the sand and wants everyone to take short money to please HBO.

I'd be pissed if I was Kov ( More $ in 1 fight then he's gotten in his whole career combined in a fight he'd be the favorite ) Hopefully he isn't tied down too long so he can leave this 2nd tier 1 fighter Promo company and make this fight because it's obvious Duva only wants it on her terms which means it probably won't happen.
                      I agree with this post.
                      Last edited by TexasGunslinger; 04-16-2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X