Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al haymon gives you a list.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not breaking news, all the promoters do this. The fighters get a list and they and their team CHOOSE. So Technically...THEY'RE ALL "CHERRY PICKERS"

Lara and Thurman choose to fight the best Haymon can get them, while Khan, Leo Santa Cruz and others choose the easiest routes possible

Fans need to blame fighters more not the Promoters

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
      Not just haymon does the name arum ring a bell.....do the names rios and algiery sound familiar to you as weak opponents for big pay days for pacquiao .....gtfoh with that nonsence
      Right, same "scared" guy has JMM 4 times, Bradley twice, Mosley, Cotto, Margs, Clottey, Barrera x2, Morales x3 as well. Pac has never ducked a challenge, while guys like Sevenson went to Hymen with the specific purpose of ducking tough opposition. I mean that pimp just fought a career SMW at LHW. Even Algieri was bigger than Pac was on fight night as was Rios....who by the way just dominated an opponent at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
        Not just haymon does the name arum ring a bell.....do the names rios and algiery sound familiar to you as weak opponents for big pay days for pacquiao .....gtfoh with that nonsence
        You think that the fighters themselves ask for easy opposition?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          This is not breaking news, all the promoters do this. The fighters get a list and they and their team CHOOSE. So Technically...THEY'RE ALL "CHERRY PICKERS"

Lara and Thurman choose to fight the best Haymon can get them, while Khan, Leo Santa Cruz and others choose the easiest routes possible

Fans need to blame fighters more not the Promoters
          That's what I think too and then said fighter always says something like "I'll fight whoever my team says" but the fighter himself is the one picking and choosing

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Right, same "scared" guy has JMM 4 times, Bradley twice, Mosley, Cotto, Margs, Clottey, Barrera x2, Morales x3 as well. Pac has never ducked a challenge, while guys like Sevenson went to Hymen with the specific purpose of ducking tough opposition. I mean that pimp just fought a career SMW at LHW. Even Algieri was bigger than Pac was on fight night as was Rios....who by the way just dominated an opponent at 147.
            Whoa calm down Stevenson ain't the one that forces catch weights.

Comment

You guys are wrong...he gives you a list of names and you choose one and he tries to negotiate that fight if it can't get done you go to the next name on the list and so on. It's not like "ok here is the fighters pick one and you are guaranteed to fight this guy." No...not how this **** works lol.

Garcia was given a list with Bracero and Salka both on it, Garcia and his people chose bracero and negotiations started everyone thought that's who they were going to fight, including Garcia (he was asked about it recently i forgot which interview) but then haymon told him it couldn't get made so he fought salka.

Not that bracero is anything special at all i dont even know if he's any better than salka. Just saying don't just assume **** and jump to conclusions without knowing what you're talking about just because it's Al Haymon and everyone hates him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                here spence says that haymon gives you a list and you choose, contrary to what others say. many including myself tought haymon gave you a name and you had to fight him. i think it was also j rock that said that if you ask haymon for weak competition then haymon gives you a weak opponent. maybe garcia wanted to fight salka?

this thread does no justice for Haymon or his fighters if that's what u r trying to do. All this tells me is haymon gives his fighters a list of bums to choose from & if they don't like it, he'll go buy some over the hill ex champ for them to face...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  this thread does no justice for Haymon or his fighters if that's what u r trying to do. All this tells me is haymon gives his fighters a list of bums to choose from & if they don't like it, he'll go buy some over the hill ex champ for them to face...
                  Na what I'm saying is the boxers themselves choose to fight bums and hide behind haymon as if that is the only fighter (bum) that was offered to them

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    You guys are wrong...he gives you a list of names and you choose one and he tries to negotiate that fight if it can't get done you go to the next name on the list and so on. It's not like "ok here is the fighters pick one and you are guaranteed to fight this guy." No...not how this **** works lol.

Garcia was given a list with Bracero and Salka both on it, Garcia and his people chose bracero and negotiations started everyone thought that's who they were going to fight, including Garcia (he was asked about it recently i forgot which interview) but then haymon told him it couldn't get made so he fought salka.

Not that bracero is anything special at all i dont even know if he's any better than salka. Just saying don't just assume **** and jump to conclusions without knowing what you're talking about just because it's Al Haymon and everyone hates him lol.
                    What does that tell you?

Apparently there are only three names on the lists he gives to fighters so if one of them was Bracero and the other was Salka it doesn't put him in the best light.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      What does that tell you?

Apparently there are only three names on the lists he gives to fighters so if one of them was Bracero and the other was Salka it doesn't put him in the best light.
                      Na 6 or 7 names but you might be right would love to see that list

Comment

Working...
                      X