Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny "Swift" Garcia vs Marcos "The Blueprint" Maidana @147 lbs/10.5 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very bad style matchup for Maidana and it's proven that he can be hurt so...
    Danny KO

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
      Very bad style matchup for Maidana and it's proven that he can be hurt so...
      Danny KO
      Maidana can be hurt be he jumps back up and devours souls. Maidana TKO in 2.

Comment

Garcia beats all the brawlers at 147.

Maidana, Rios, Chavez, Porter, all of 'em.

Thurman, Bradley, and Brook would be great fights for Danny.

Comment

What people seem to forget is that Maidana is no ordinary fighter. Casual boxing fans think any aggressive fighter is a "brawler". Maidana is a high-level pressure fighter. He shares a lot of similarities in his style as the great Roberto Duran such as the multiple feints, footwork, defense while coming forward and ability to cut off the ring. It could even be argued that Maidana knows how to cut the ring off better than the legend. Maidana has defense while coming forward. ShowTime labeled Maidana a dumb brawler, but HBO recognized that Maidana was actually a smart fighter and mentioned it numerous times when he fought guys like Ortiz and Victor Cayo. The perception that somehow Maidana has no defense even though he troubled the most accurate boxer in history boggles my mind. So the best defensive boxer of all time gets hit multiple times by Maidana, but somehow Danny Garcia is a "master technician" now that can't be touched? Lmao. Also, people mention Danny Garcia's left hook, yet one of Maidana's most deceptive sneaky shots is his own left hook. Remember how it put Broner to sleep for a couple of seconds in round 2? Then again in round 8? And how people said Maidana broke Broner's jaw with it and sent him out the ring crying?

Last edited by Damiens; 08-06-2015, 07:49 AM. Reason: editted video URL

Comment

it would be a brutal fight and in the end Danny takes the SD

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Maidana would win, simply because all that cheeseburger punching power will KO Garcia in the first round.

You don't put a heavyweight vs a welterweight, guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Damiens View Post
                What people seem to forget is that Maidana is no ordinary fighter. Casual boxing fans think any aggressive fighter is a "brawler". Maidana is a high-level pressure fighter. He shares a lot of similarities in his style as the great Roberto Duran such as the multiple feints, footwork, defense while coming forward and ability to cut off the ring. It could even be argued that Maidana knows how to cut the ring off better than the legend. Maidana has defense while coming forward. ShowTime labeled Maidana a dumb brawler, but HBO recognized that Maidana was actually a smart fighter and mentioned it numerous times when he fought guys like Ortiz and Victor Cayo. The perception that somehow Maidana has no defense even though he troubled the most accurate boxer in history boggles my mind. So the best defensive boxer of all time gets hit multiple times by Maidana, but somehow Danny Garcia is a "master technician" now that can't be touched? Lmao. Also, people mention Danny Garcia's left hook, yet one of Maidana's most deceptive sneaky shots is his own left hook. Remember how it put Broner to sleep for a couple of seconds in round 2? Then again in round 8? And how people said Maidana broke Broner's jaw with it and sent him out the ring crying?

Great post. Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by microMXL View Post
                  it would be a brutal fight and in the end Danny takes the SD

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  That's possible, it better be a legit SD though and not a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                    Danny beats maidana there is no doubt in my mind perfect style match up.
                    Although I really like Maidana's style and attitude a win for Garcia is how I see this.

Garcia has already shown he can deal with Matthysse who is a better boxer and harder puncher than Maidana.

Actually, I think Maidana v Matthysse is a better fight for Marcus.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      I have Maidana stopping him in the second round after two rounds of mauling him and beating him from pillar to post. Discuss.
                      is that a tooth that came out of floyds mouth when that connected??

Comment

Working...
                      X