Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny "Swift" Garcia vs Marcos "The Blueprint" Maidana @147 lbs/10.5 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling this fight is happening at the end of the year once Maidana get his weight down. He called out Garcia already so if that is what Maidana wants I'm sure Haymon will make it happen for him.

Hopefully Danny finds new life at 147 because Uncle AL can't keep saving and protecting him. The Gloves are likely coming off for him just like it did for Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
      Exactly. People seem to have created this perception that Maidana is nothing but an utter bum and Garcia is some masterful boxer who can counter off the backfoot. Garcia is a mid range fighter who sets everything down before letting his hook go. Does anyone with a rational mind think Maidana will give him that space? He's gonna be up in Garcia's grill from the first bell and Garcia doesn't have the footwork required to create that distance for his left hook. His footwork is painfully slow. I don't know where this idea that Maidana is some thudding ape has come from.

The Maidana that showed up against Floyd Mayweather I - late TKO or a wide UD victory over Garcia
      excellent post, my thoughts entirely. chino sons another undefeated fighter.

Comment

Garcia probably gets a gift decision again.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          excellent post, my thoughts entirely. chino sons another undefeated fighter.
          Well said. This is how I see it playing out as well.

Comment

I think it would go down similar to the Broner fight.

Comment

This is my 2nd choice for Maidana's comeback fight, RG is my first, he would look brutally spectacular vs the Ghost, probably retires him and gets a nice payday out of it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                This is my 2nd choice for Maidana's comeback fight, RG is my first, he would look brutally spectacular vs the Ghost, probably retires him and gets a nice payday out of it as well.
                Maidana would definitely retire Ghost, that would be a good fight and make Maidana look great, but the problem is Ghost is smart enough to know that and if he puts himself at risk by fighting him, we will probably see Ghost at his best and most dangerous.

Comment

Bumped for relevance. After watching Paulie take Danny to deep unfamiliar waters and almost drown him, I have to go with Marcos Maidana.

Comment

I'd pick Danny Garcia to win.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      I'd pick Danny Garcia to win.
                      If Danny wins it's by decision. He would have to be extremely active to not only win on points, but keep Maidana off of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X