No announcement yet.

Ward and Dirrell - the top SMW boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He did more bad things in the Froch fight than good though which is a shame. Dirrell turned it on in a few rounds and looked really good but the majority of the fight he was running around and diving on the canvas. I thought he nicked the fight but it wasn't a robbery.

He showed in the Abraham fight what he can do. He was on point from the first bell. But then again, he started to mentally fold towards the end of the fight.
    He didn't do anything wrong in that fight, besides not trying to test Froch chin a lot more with hard committed shots, as he did stun him when he decided to go in the fire. Froch was doing wrestling moves and rabbit punches to make Dirrell flop to canvas, Froch is stronger than Dirrell, but this isn't a strong man or wrestling contest.

Abraham hit him when he slipped, unguarded trying to catch his fall and save himself injury. Abraham out of desperation hit the man while he was down on the canvas. Dirrell hurt Abraham in that fight and Abraham took that cheap opportunity. I like how you try to say Dirrell was mentally folding in both fights when it shows he was still eons ahead of both fighters.

Froch is an overhyped UK fighter.. I really don't like the country due to their nationalism and biasness for their fighters. Hyping up Brook-Gavin is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
      He didn't do anything wrong in that fight
      Stopped reading there.

Comment

Originally posted by $£X View Post
        Dirrell defeated Carl and Arthur. The only guy with a better resume than Dirrell is Ward, but Dirrell looks to be almost on the same level of skill and he got the perfect style/speed/reach to beat Ward.

1&2: Ward & Dirrell
        1&2: Ward & Dirrell
        3: Froch
        4: Kessler
        5: Abraham

I do expect big things from Anthony, but he needs to do fight some good opponents before ranking him too highly. Bika was a good win, but not a great win and Anthony was troubled at times.
        Froch resume is unmatched by most of the sport. Just because Dirrell beat Froch he hasn't done much else.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
          Froch resume is unmatched by most of the sport. Just because Dirrell beat Froch he hasn't done much else.
          Dirrell got 3 things going for him.
          1: Undefeated.
          2: Good wins. Froch and Abraham and soon DeGale.
          3: The only guy in the division who stands a chance against Ward.

Froch is a great fighter with a great resume, so shouldn't Dirrell get mad respect for beating him?

Comment

Blame Dirrell. He didn't want it.

I don't think anyone should be slating Dirrell behind Ward as the 2nd best super middleweight, either. Not right now.

Comment

If Dirrell comes back to his normal self and brings his A-game then he has a very good chance to beat Ward. Andre Dirrell has the best chance to beat Ward at 168.

Comment

Working...
              X