No announcement yet.

So Brook is facing Frankie Gavin? LMFAO what a JOKE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook doesn't really deserve this rivalry with Khan

He's just the latest flavor of the week welterweight so everyone "goes with the flow" and acts like he has some streak of amazing wins

Just another guy with a belt

Not saying he couldn't go on to be a great fighter but yawn more forcefed "running from XX" storylines
    Last edited by ////; 04-09-2015, 10:38 PM.

Comment

All you Khan defenders cant defend Khan ducking.. I mean honestly, If I was a fighter, I rather be known for fighting my mandatory opponents instead of only fighting fighters coming off losses(Alexander, Algieri) Khans last loss was Garcia ages ago, how many tuneups does he need
      #Fight****ingBrook

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post

He's just the latest flavor of the week welterweight so everyone "goes with the flow" and acts like he has some streak of amazing wins

Not saying he couldn't go on to be a great fighter but yawn more forcefed "running from XX" storylines
        after floyd-pac he will be the only other guy with a belt. seems pretty logical that if khan was to get that other belt the winner would fight him but instead he fights no belt algeiri? algieri doesn't even have any fans and i'm sure won't bring khan as much money. brook just punches too hard. khan still waiting for floyd because he has pillow hands.

Comment

Dont think that stay busy title defenses are bad. He could wait by the phone going stale waiting on names that will bever call, or he can keep whipping asses and calling out name fighters. Its not like he's 10 years deep into defending against Eurobums like Sturm. He really made a believer out of me with his Porter fight. I believe in Brook.

Comment

I called it as soon as The Especial One won his title. I knew Eddie would milk the belt by having Kell in at least 3 "showcase" fights...hey at the end of the day this sht is a business can't blame these guys they out there trying to feed their fam the best nsht u digg

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
              I called it as soon as The Especial One won his title. I knew Eddie would milk the belt by having Kell in at least 3 "showcase" fights...hey at the end of the day this sht is a business can't blame these guys they out there trying to feed their fam the best nsht u digg
              Aye u can't knock they hustle brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
                All you Khan defenders cant defend Khan ducking.. I mean honestly, If I was a fighter, I rather be known for fighting my mandatory opponents instead of only fighting fighters coming off losses(Alexander, Algieri) Khans last loss was Garcia ages ago, how many tuneups does he need
                #Fight****ingBrook
                Biggest fight for both money and legacy (IBF title) available to Khan atm and he fights Algieri instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Brook is fighting twice more before the summer is finished. They were never going to secure anyone great for May which is next month.

I'm kinda glad they're getting this out of the way now instead of Eddie Hearn trying to build it into some sort of mega fight for next year.

Brook's big fight will be in July, most likely Rios which is admittedly slightly underwhelming too.

Also....all this would have been avoided had Amir just taken the fight.
                  That's about the only positive we can take from that horrible match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post

Idiotic post.

Kell Brook has been a top 6 welterweight with ring for 4 years straight.

Khan is the new flavour of the WW division.

Comment

Gavin is terrible, he is marginally better that Jo Jo Dan.

I honestly believe that Brook wanted to fight Khan but Hearn whispered in his ear first AND Khan didn't want the fight.

A fight with 'Funtime' Frankie keeps Brook busy, also keeps Gavin happy (for a few weeks) and is an easy fight for Hearn to make.

Khan definitely has a long term plan, but every decent fight he misses out on takes him further away from the type of preparation he would need if he ever did land a fight with Floyd, Manny or Brook.

if you look at these guys last 3 opponents plus their next fight;

Brook - Robles, Porter, Dan, Gavin.

Khan - Diaz, Collazo, Alexander, Algieri.

Neither of these guys are exactly taking any huge risks with their careers (apart from Brook beating Porter in the US).

The key difference is momentum, Brook has it whereas Khan is slipping further away from the limelight.

Comment

Working...
                      X