No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn and The State of British Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    Frank Warren is as slimy as they come. Professional? He has a history of not paying fighters. They are all as bad as each other.
    Frank Warren has done more to redeem himself with the launch of Boxnation than any other promoter.
    Warren took a gamble with his nest egg & has provided constant quality fights,, many that would be PPV for a flat, affordable fee
    No doubt Warren has a few skeletons in his closet but the guy has rewarded the British fans with Boxnation.
    Eddie Hearn is a parasite.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I agree with your post Dirk. Sky could do with a bit of competition, I don't get why Hearn has to be the sole provider - Although I would say that his shows are better than the crap Warren & Maloney put on Sky before. Those were horrible horrible cards.

I will say though that the £1.5 million offer is a good offer. I believe Frampton's highest purse so far is around the £250k he got against Martinez.

I'm not sure Frampton vs Quigg is a £3million fight.
      How many PPV buys do you envisage this doing?

How much do you think the gate will bring?

Comment

This video sums up the Hearnster and his business model.

The "man of the people" starting up sing-songs and buying beers for a bunch of absolute morons who he'll one day fleece out of their dole money through Josh Warrington PPVs

These inbreds make the old Hatton fans look like wine sipping intellectuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          How many PPV buys do you envisage this doing?

How much do you think the gate will bring?
          I don't know. Probably 4-500k buys and 500k gate at best.

500k buys at £15 makes 7.5m - I guess that would be quite low. Didn't really consider that but I still think the 1.5 million offer is good considering what he earned previously. Even Groves only made a little more than that for the Froch fight and that did close to 1 million buys reportedly. Froch did take home £8.5million from what I heard though.

I don't know. I still don't think that the purse is the obstacle. But I can't see how Barry McGuigan should be able to top that offer with backing from ITV.

Comment

500k buys at £15 makes 7.5m - I guess that would be quite low. Didn't really consider that but I still think the 1.5 million offer is good considering what he earned previously. Even Groves only made a little more than that for the Froch fight and that did close to 1 million buys reportedly. Froch did take home £8.5million from what I heard though.

I don't know. I still don't think that the purse is the obstacle. But I can't see how Barry McGuigan should be able to top that offer with backing from ITV.
            It's not really about what he earned previously. It's about what this particular fight can generate and Hearn wants to keep all the revenue for himself.

Hearn's other offer is 60/40 to the winner with co-promotion which is a slightly better offer but still, why would Frampton accept that as the real champion and the draw in the fight? Especially when he has to travel to Quigg's backyard on a Matchroom Show.

It should simply be 60/40 to Frampton. Hearn knows that. He's the B-side and needs to realise that.

Like I said before, would Hearn accept a 60/40 to the winner offer from Andre Ward or Golovkin against Carl Froch?

Comment

500k buys at £15 makes 7.5m - I guess that would be quite low. Didn't really consider that but I still think the 1.5 million offer is good considering what he earned previously.
              This is similar to what Floyd and his fans were saying about the $40mil flat rate offer to pacquaio though. Just because its his highest payday doesnt mean he is getting a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                This is similar to what Floyd and his fans were saying about the $40mil flat rate offer to pacquaio though. Just because its his highest payday doesnt mean he is getting a good deal.
                Precisely. It's as laughable as that offer was. If I remember correctly, Laced also defended that offer....

Comment

May 30th PPV confirmed with Brook vs Gavin as the headliner

Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 04-10-2015, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Sigh.. The signs were all there.

Comment

How long before Eddie starts telling everyone how much Brook and Gavin hate each other?

Comment

Working...
                      X