This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

De La Hoya-Pacquiao Odds: 3-1 opening, 2-1 by fight night.
    Rumor: Victor Ortiz wails on Oscar in camp

Source: Manila Standard Today

Rumors out of training camp are that Golden Boy 140-pounder Victor Ortiz (22-1-1, 17 KO) "beat up" Oscar de la Hoya while helping Oscar prepare for his December 6 bout with Manny Pacquiao.

Hey, take it with a grain of salt, but it's interesting for a few reasons. One, Ortiz is a heck of a prospect, and in the long run, this sparring with Oscar will be good for him.

For another, if the 140-pound, fresh-legged Ortiz is really beating up on de la Hoya, that could be trouble for Oscar. Ortiz can punch and he's definitely bigger than Manny (Ortiz is about 5'9" with a sturdy frame that's easily carried 140 as a pro), but Manny has a lot more speed than Ortiz.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2008/10/2...-ortiz-wails-o

Valero Claims He Busted Up De La Hoya In Sparring

Result:

You forgot that Manny isn't 29 anymore and that De La Hoya isn't a counter-puncher. You also forget that Manny is fighting a natural welterweight this time and not a guy draining himself to make a weight he hasn't made in seven years. Don't be surprised if you see a very different result this time

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      LOL the so called "rumor" of Manny looking like **** in sparring was started by Roach, Manny's own trainer. The "rumors" of Manny having leg cramps were confirmed by his own conditioning coach.

I haven't heard one single person in Floyd's camp say he looked bad.

Completely different circumstances that are incomparable.
      I'm not talking about one example. Like I said, it doesn't stop Floms from believing or not believing a rumor based on if it favors their boxer or not. On top of that, no one knows if Roach playing games or not, honest or deceitful. And no one from Floyd's camp is going to just say that Cepeda was doing this or that to Floyd, if there was a chance it was true.
      Last edited by richardt; 04-05-2015, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
        Lol you had better not disappear on may 3rd.
        Lol it took him a year and a half to cope with KTFO6. He's long gone if Floyd takes care of business.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

De La Hoya-Pacquiao Odds: 3-1 opening, 2-1 by fight night.
          Rumor: Victor Ortiz wails on Oscar in camp

Source: Manila Standard Today

Rumors out of training camp are that Golden Boy 140-pounder Victor Ortiz (22-1-1, 17 KO) "beat up" Oscar de la Hoya while helping Oscar prepare for his December 6 bout with Manny Pacquiao.

Hey, take it with a grain of salt, but it's interesting for a few reasons. One, Ortiz is a heck of a prospect, and in the long run, this sparring with Oscar will be good for him.

For another, if the 140-pound, fresh-legged Ortiz is really beating up on de la Hoya, that could be trouble for Oscar. Ortiz can punch and he's definitely bigger than Manny (Ortiz is about 5'9" with a sturdy frame that's easily carried 140 as a pro), but Manny has a lot more speed than Ortiz.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2008/10/2...-ortiz-wails-o

Valero Claims He Busted Up De La Hoya In Sparring

Result:

[IMG]http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif
          Alex Ariza says Pacquiao camp ignores conditioning

http://youtu.be/IQ0kW4q3OEU

Result:

Comment

Who cares let the little gimp run his mouth. He's the one that has to answer for it afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I'm not talking about one example. Like I said, it doesn't stop Floms from believing or not believing a rumor based on if it favors their boxer or not. On top of that, no one knows if Roach playing games or not, honest or deceitful. And no one from Floyd's camp is going to just say that Cepeda was doing this or that to Floyd, if there was a chance it was true.
              And on the flip side, you've had Pacquiao fans lapping up every snippet of Roach's derogatory remarks about Mayweather's training and coming to the conclusion that a Pacquiao victory is a given. But when you bring up the fact that Roach candidly said the first fight negociations breaking down was their fault, do they re-address all their former comments on ducking? Not a chance! They, like "floms" only hear what makes them feel good. It's a new boxing "fan" syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by 100percentTruth View Post
                Floyd isn't used to catchweights since it was his first time. Pacquiao has been fighting over the hill fighters at catchweights for years.
                He just perfected it in the Canelo fight right?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  He just perfected it in the Canelo fight right?
                  I didn't understand why Mayweather tainted his victory like that. I mean, he faced Cotto at the full weight, right? You know who wouldn't (again), don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by 100percentTruth View Post
                    Yep, Roach said Manny is struggling in sparring but don't let Manny buttlickers read this. They won't believe what Roach is saying is going on at Manny's camp but will believe what Roach says about what's going on at Floyd's camp.
                    So you guys are saying that Roach is lying about what is going on in Floyd's camp but telling the truth about what is going on in Pac's camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                      I didn't understand why Mayweather tainted his victory like that. I mean, he faced Cotto at the full weight, right? You know who wouldn't (again), don't you?
                      Just talking about the facts man. Another fact is that Cotto said he hasn't interested in a rematch with Pac...but was interested in a rematch with Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X