Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Venture ship has started to sink

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care for it either so far...but if the fights get better nobody will care about the production...

Thurman-Guerrero was solid...

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      Well neither ESPN nor FOX Sports are available in Montreal so you will not see me in a thread discussing them. As for Stevenson - Bika, I could have lived my entire life not seeing that fight and not feel that I was missing anything.

Right now I'm watching BKB and their production values are head and shoulders above what I have seen from PBC. And guess what? They have ring girls and a genuine ring announcer - Michael Buffer! If there is someone pushing the envelope in boxing today, it is whoever is behind that enterprise. They have totally re-invented the sport while keeping the basic spirit. Do I think it would have a chance replacing boxing? No, I do not. But it is very entertaining, something that the PBC is not.
      Funny you guys are complaining about everything besides the fight itself lol. C'mon now every main event so far would easily be an hbo or show main event. Yes him lampley and buffer aren't there but so what? Hbo doesn't even show ring girls

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        That was two years ago, how many other title fights have we gotten off premium network TV?
        same difference I get HBO and Showtime so get the heck outta here with your ahitty excuse for a ****ty match up, that is on non-premium TV.

When you start seeing Canelo, Floyd, GGG, Pacman and Wlad then talk about it.

Comment

• I watched FNF last night and it took place in a parking lot on the side of a freeway...built with temporary walls. It made me want to see the PBC setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            same difference I get HBO and Showtime so get the heck outta here with your ahitty excuse for a ****ty match up, that is on non-premium TV.

When you start seeing Canelo, Floyd, GGG, Pacman and Wlad then talk about it.
            Don't you think you're reaching? You want the arguable top 5 money makers/attractions in the sport to come to free TV right now?

We're about to get fighters like Wilder and Garcia. This PBC crap just started and you want the biggest names.

I mean you pay for HBO, but you really wanted to see Mayweather-Guerrero, Canelo-Lopez, and Pacquiao-Rios?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              Don't you think you're reaching? You want the arguable top 5 money makers/attractions in the sport to come to free TV right now?

We're about to get fighters like Wilder and Garcia. This PBC crap just started and you want the biggest names.

I mean you pay for HBO, but you really wanted to see Mayweather-Guerrero, Canelo-Lopez, and Pacquiao-Rios?
              Nah I didn't pay for May vs Guerrero nor for Pac vs Rios - they were pay per views.

I did watch Canelo destroying Lopez in an exciting mismatch - a fight that PBC still hasn't been able to deliver and they are the kings of mismatches yet they can't put on an exciting mismatch to attract one more viewer. ****ing rookies lol

Comment

• To be fair Peterson vs Garcia is a great fight on paper, I am just not sure again why it's at 144, well cause Danny can't make the weight but as exciting as this fight could be, the production, if it doesn't improve, the fight won't look as good on TV, the atmosphere won't be good and the fan involvement won't be as good. I hope I am wrong cause that's their best match up so far. If their production fails for this fight although I will be even more upset with Al.

I hope Peterson puts the hurt on Garcia but Garcia might be too big

Comment

• Honestly I think this is just nitpicking. I may be more of a causal fan compared to some people on BS, but I gotta say I've never been turned off of a fight because of production. I've never watched UFC, NFL, WWE, golf or even tennis and said "yeah that was cool, but the production values kept me from enjoying it." I'm more worried about the lack of advertisers but I understand that I maybe shouldn't be too judgmental if were only 3 fights in, but geez, this is some special kind of complaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Terrible production, no commercials, except a Chevy dealership commercial from Buffalo. Pretty much the commercial slots are filled with promos for Danny Garcia, Peter Quillin and other fighters who are with Haymon.

Then we have Virgil Hunter who is such a bad commentator , I wanted the Beterbiev vs Campillo fight to end as soon as possible so I wouldn't have to listen to Hunter anymore. He was commentating as if he were a fan of Campillo and getting upset that his strategy wasn't good to defeat Beterbiev, just terrible!

Then they interview Beterbiev without having a professional translator.
                    The production, the preparation, everything about this show except for the first fight is terrible.

They are complete rookies and they are sinking. That's why you let networks produce their shows. Any Fox or ESPN boxing card is 100 times better than this production wise.
                    You act as if you are one of Haymon's investors and you are losing money on the venture. Neither you or any of these other clowns on this site have a dog in this fight so you have no business criticizing Haymon for anything. Why the f.....k do you care if the show was full of commercials for Garcia, Quillin and other Haymon fighters? Why the f....k do you care whether Virgil Hunter was a bad commentator (if you knew a damn thing about commentating, you would actually think he was very good)? Why the f...k do you care if Haymon decided to hire a translator for Beterbiev? You didn't watch the fight to hear Beterbiev talk and its none of your freaking business what commercials Haymon put on the air because you didn't tune in to the program to watch a f.....g Ford Trucks commercial.

If you don't like what Haymon is doing with PBC, don't watch the matches in the future! However, you will watch the matches in the future because they are better than anything HBO or Showtime or Top Rank or GBP is giving fans.

Comment

• Now you know who are real boxing fans. Boxing is back on mainstream, and you have so-called fans praying for it to fail. Why? Because there it is Al Haymon who just happen to be associated with Mayweather and perhaps be of a certain color. Man, the hatred from these so-called fans rising to another level.

Comment

Working...
                      X