No announcement yet.

Al Haymon's Venture ship has started to sink

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    The fights have been mostly dull, the atmosphere, what atmosphere?!? Seriously what atmosphere?!? Like somebody here mentioned, it seems soulless.

No music entrance, no announcer, no ring girls, no shots of the crowd, it's hard to hear the sound from the crowd ( I think they mute it down); the color commentators (Ray Leonard and Virgil Hunter are as bad as they can get).

The play by play commentators speak as much as Lennox Lewis used to when he served as a colour commentator for HBO, they are just terrible.

No translators, the camera angles seem bad like it was filmed by amateurs without the proper equipment. No belts, no mention of division rankings, no real questions.

The match ups - now I understand Al's philosophy is minimizing risk but this is not all there it is to match making; you can have a mismatch but an exciting mismatch. When has Sakio Bika been in an exciting fight and it was a total mismatch. Should have never fought for the lineal championship, that in itself is a joke.

I am not a fan of UFC but just compare their production to that of Al Haymon's mom and pops operation. It's a joke, it feels lifeless. It seems off, everything about it gives me an off-sensation.

I liked the Thurman vs Guerrero fight, now imagine this fight with better tv production, better hype, better atmosphere.
    Thank you! I'm getting tired of trying to get people to understand where we are coming from but they do not seem to have the ability or the intelligence to understand. The entire PBC setup just screams 'We have no f'in idea what we are doing!'. It's like watching a WWE event with no 'Spanish announcer table' for someone to get smashed through... there's just some crucial element missing. I could even live with the mediocre match ups if I had to but the entire show seems amateurish. Like comparing a high school play with a Broadway musical.

Comment

• You guys do know you have the option to turn it off and NOT WATCH! Nobody is forcing you to Tune In but for some reason most of you do just to COMPLAIN!

They're not asking for you to pay for anything and you're STILL COMPLAINING!

*** OFF! Boxing really don't need YOU! Take your 1 View and just *** OFF instead of ruining this Forum VENTING like a ***in WOMAN.

Comment

• Stfu

/thread

Comment

Terrible production, no commercials, except a Chevy dealership commercial from Buffalo. Pretty much the commercial slots are filled with promos for Danny Garcia, Peter Quillin and other fighters who are with Haymon.

Then we have Virgil Hunter who is such a bad commentator , I wanted the Beterbiev vs Campillo fight to end as soon as possible so I wouldn't have to listen to Hunter anymore. He was commentating as if he were a fan of Campillo and getting upset that his strategy wasn't good to defeat Beterbiev, just terrible!

Then they interview Beterbiev without having a professional translator.
          The production, the preparation, everything about this show except for the first fight is terrible.

They are complete rookies and they are sinking. That's why you let networks produce their shows. Any Fox or ESPN boxing card is 100 times better than this production wise.
          I really liked the commentary from hunter and paulie. I didnt really like the old guy tho.

Ill acknowledge that the production wasnt the best, but we gotta wait for them to iron out the kinks that come with starting something new.

Comment

• Never seen OP in a fox sports RBR or ESPN Friday night fights RBR thread

He should be praising al haymon

Instead, because it's al haymon, he's holding him to higher standards

The fights are better .

You would never have seen Stevenson vs bika on network television

I'm not even from the states and I'm saying this

STFU OP and anybody else b1tching and moaning

Boxing fans have to be the worst fans in all of sports
            Last edited by jas; 04-04-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                Never seen OP in a fox sports RBR or ESPN Friday night fights RBR thread

The fights are better .

STFU OP
                Wasn't Kovalev vs Campillo on NBC?

I am not sure if you're sarcastic or just extraordinary ******

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Never seen OP in a fox sports RBR or ESPN Friday night fights RBR thread

The fights are better .

STFU OP and anybody else b1tching and moaning

Boxing fans have to be the worst fans in all of sports
                    Well neither ESPN nor FOX Sports are available in Montreal so you will not see me in a thread discussing them. As for Stevenson - Bika, I could have lived my entire life not seeing that fight and not feel that I was missing anything.

Right now I'm watching BKB and their production values are head and shoulders above what I have seen from PBC. And guess what? They have ring girls and a genuine ring announcer - Michael Buffer! If there is someone pushing the envelope in boxing today, it is whoever is behind that enterprise. They have totally re-invented the sport while keeping the basic spirit. Do I think it would have a chance replacing boxing? No, I do not. But it is very entertaining, something that the PBC is not.

Comment

Wasn't Kovalev vs Campillo on NBC?

I am not sure if you're sarcastic or just extraordinary ******
                      That was two years ago, how many other title fights have we gotten off premium network TV?

Comment

Working...
                      X