No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto VS Daniel Geale Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
    Nearly all fighters squeeze down into a lower weight division, how many fighters actually rehydrate to the actual weight limit?

They really need to bring back same day weigh ins to remove this current trend or else it will just stay as it is.

GGG comes in just over 170, the mw lineal champ should be ready to fight at the normal 160 limit imo.
    Ok. I thought he comes in at least 175.
    Anyway. 10 pounds is a fair variance from weigh in and fight night. Anything approaching 15-20 is fowl in my book. I think cotto ultimately fights ggg. Well see

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      This is something I would expect to hear from a Floyd fanboy. There's no need to stoop low and use their playbook. If Cotto beats GGG at the full 160lb, then he deserves all the credit in the world. The problem is that he'll probably want a catchweight and I think GGG is desperate enough to acquiesce.
      Golovkin claims he would drop to 154 for a fight with Mayweather. So why would it be a problem for him physically to accept a catch weight for Cotto?

That's clearly a contradiction

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I absolutely can't wait for that fight.

Has to happen.
        I can't make up my mind on who wins that fight. Right now I give Canelo the edge but Cotto can cause him some serious problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I understand that but we're not talking 168-172. This dude came in at 182 ****ing pounds. That's not what most fighters do. That's abusing the system.
          He weighed 182 in street clothes and shoes. Take away 8 pounds or so from that and you will have his actual weight, so around 174-176. That is around what Canelo weighs when he enters the ring. Gaining that much weight overnight is an indication of exactly how dehydrated and drained Geale really was and no matter how much you rehydrate, it does not bring your strength back.

I doubt that Geale would have won the fight even without the catch weight, but we will never know because last night's fight was lost on the scales. It gave us no indication at all regarding how Cotto would do against a genuine middleweight fighter and Cotto should be embarrassed at what he did to win that fight. It was not the actions of an honorable man or a man with confidence in his abilities. Draining his opponent before the fight was a sign of cowardice, a sign of a lack of confidence in his ability to get the job done on an even playing field.

Cotto and Roach are a disgrace to the sport of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Golovkin claims he would drop to 154 for a fight with Mayweather. So why would it be a problem for him physically to accept a catch weight for Cotto?

That's clearly a contradiction
            No contradiction at all. People who believe that are either idiots or trolls looking for something to complain about. Mayweather is the JUNIOR MW title holder, which is 154 lbs. Cotto is the MIDDLEWEIGHT title holder, notice the lack of a JUNIOR in that title, which is 160 lbs. Golovkin is also a MIDDLEWEIGHT title holder. There is no reason for a MIDDLEWEIGHT title holder to face another MIDDLEWEIGHT title holder at anything other than the division weight limit. If Cotto cannot accept that, and he would have no choice in a MANDATORY DEFENSE, he should vacate the title. NOW.

Anyone who does not see clearly enough to understand that should be following a different sport. May I suggest ping pong or darts?

Comment

Nearly all fighters squeeze down into a lower weight division, how many fighters actually rehydrate to the actual weight limit?

They really need to bring back same day weigh ins to remove this current trend or else it will just stay as it is.

GGG comes in just over 170, the mw lineal champ should be ready to fight at the normal 160 limit imo.

Most fighters do not rehydrate 22 pounds over the limit not title fights. That's not common.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Most fighters do not rehydrate 22 pounds over the limit not title fights. That's not common.
                Geale was weighed in street clothes, yo need to take off an extra 5 pounds.

Its funny how people like to leave the facts out when it suits them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
                  Ok. I thought he comes in at least 175.
                  Anyway. 10 pounds is a fair variance from weigh in and fight night. Anything approaching 15-20 is fowl in my book. I think cotto ultimately fights ggg. Well see
                  Well they need to bring back same day weigh ins or this will always be a part of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    No contradiction at all. People who believe that are either idiots or trolls looking for something to complain about. Mayweather is the JUNIOR MW title holder, which is 154 lbs. Cotto is the MIDDLEWEIGHT title holder, notice the lack of a JUNIOR in that title, which is 160 lbs. Golovkin is also a MIDDLEWEIGHT title holder. There is no reason for a MIDDLEWEIGHT title holder to face another MIDDLEWEIGHT title holder at anything other than the division weight limit. If Cotto cannot accept that, and he would have no choice in a MANDATORY DEFENSE, he should vacate the title. NOW.

Anyone who does not see clearly enough to understand that should be following a different sport. May I suggest ping pong or darts?

I know you hang onto Golovkin's balls 24/7 on this site but the point went clearly over your head.

It's simple: If Golovkin can accept going to 154 to fight Mayweather he shouldn't have a problem coming in at 157 for Cotto. It's that simple and you could have saved yourself some time from typing a novel full of non sequiturs.

Nothing that you said had anything to do with what I posted.
                    Last edited by joseph5620; 06-07-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Geale was weighed in street clothes, yo need to take off an extra 5 pounds.

Its funny how people like to leave the facts out when it suits them.
                      Even if you took off 5 pounds that would mean he rehydrated 17 pounds over the limit which is a lot.

My point stands and that suits me just fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X