Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury to possibly give Bellator a try?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    That's true, if he tried to grapple with them.

Don't swallow the bull****. MMA fighters are not supermen. One punch in the head from a world class heavyweight boxer boxer like Fury, wearing those little lightweight MMA gloves, would knock any one those half dozen guys spark out, and Cain Velasquez too.

Why do you think Dana White didn't call Fury's bluff - if he was bluffing - and offer him a fight with Cain?

The answer is that he had no idea what would have happened if he'd done that.

We've never seen an elite level boxer in his prime going up against an elite MMA fighter, ever.
    See this is where I have to laugh!

Have you ever tried to broaden your horizons and test yourself? I have actually gave training in grappling and mma a go to get fit. I boxed amateur as a kid, so I went in to sparring pretty confident! I was tapping within a minute!

First things first an elite boxer does have a punchers chance, but that's it, 99/100 times he will lose against an base average mma guy! The reason is the boxers stance does not fit in real life because it gives up the legs!

You say Fury "Wouldn't try to grapple", do you think the mma fighter cares or that it would stop him?? He'd throw a low kick and then shoot the single or double leg and Tyson wouldn't have one iota how to deal with it!

You say Dana didn't call Furys bluff?? You realise that it was Fury who pulled out of that fight... Velasquez would brutalise him... He'll the UFC's Middleweight champion Chris Weidman would do that too

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      can a guy from bellator unify with a guy from ufc??? even though i don't like mma, that would make them interesting
      Will never unify as the UFC belts are legit world title, the only true world title in mma..
      Bellator titles are secondary and the champs, contenders, etc aren't anywhere near the level of UFC

It would be like floyd unifying welter championship vs a NABF or EU champ

Comment

that gangly **** is way to uncoordinated for wrestling like those gorillas. However I like Fury, he is great for heavyweight division right now. Hope someone with a title throws that guy a ****in bone already

Comment

I wish boxer would stop calling out MMA fighters because unless it's a boxing match the boxer has no chance. It's all about the grappling. You can be a pure wrestler and you'll win most of the time against a boxer. Grappler always have an advantage. I don't know if he's still active but somebody like freestyle wrestler Artur Taymazov would finish Tyson in less than 30 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            That's true, if he tried to grapple with them.

Don't swallow the bull****. MMA fighters are not supermen. One punch in the head from a world class heavyweight boxer boxer like Fury, wearing those little lightweight MMA gloves, would knock any one those half dozen guys spark out, and Cain Velasquez too.

Why do you think Dana White didn't call Fury's bluff - if he was bluffing - and offer him a fight with Cain?

The answer is that he had no idea what would have happened if he'd done that.

We've never seen an elite level boxer in his prime going up against an elite MMA fighter, ever.
            It's not about being supermen, it's about having a few months of training in something vs someone with a lifetime of dedication. Cain grew up a wrestler, that's his background. It would take him a matter of seconds to put someone on the mat that hadn't also spent years in developing and perfecting technique on how to reverse or stuff said take downs.

If Fury and Cain fought in a boxing match, I'd give Fury the win 99 times out of 100, and if Fury went into a cage for an MMA fight, it's Cain's for the taking 99 out of 100 times. To me the debate about boxers going into MMA or MMA fighters trying out boxing is like getting Usain Bolt and Mo Farah to run a race. Who wins? Well it depends on if it's a 10,000 meter run or a 100 meter dash. Now that doesn't mean that an elite athlete can't switch sports and thrive in both, but that takes years of dedication, not just a couple of months before going against one of the best in the world.

Comment

Sir Fury will batter everyone in the UFC

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Will never unify as the UFC belts are legit world title, the only true world title in mma..
                Bellator titles are secondary and the champs, contenders, etc aren't anywhere near the level of UFC

It would be like floyd unifying welter championship vs a NABF or EU champ
                There are some organisations that have very good champs or contenders but I agree with you for the most part!

I'd be interested to see UFC vs One FC champs fight at welterweight! Ben Askren is legit!

Comment

Tyson Fury is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    Sir Fury will batter everyone in the UFC
                    You don't seriously believe this.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                      See this is where I have to laugh!

Have you ever tried to broaden your horizons and test yourself? I have actually gave training in grappling and mma a go to get fit. I boxed amateur as a kid, so I went in to sparring pretty confident! I was tapping within a minute!

First things first an elite boxer does have a punchers chance, but that's it, 99/100 times he will lose against an base average mma guy! The reason is the boxers stance does not fit in real life because it gives up the legs!

You say Fury "Wouldn't try to grapple", do you think the mma fighter cares or that it would stop him?? He'd throw a low kick and then shoot the single or double leg and Tyson wouldn't have one iota how to deal with it!

You say Dana didn't call Furys bluff?? You realise that it was Fury who pulled out of that fight... Velasquez would brutalise him... He'll the UFC's Middleweight champion Chris Weidman would do that too
                      I've competed as a boxer and kickboxer, so I know how the boxing stance needs to be adjusted if your legs are going to be targeted in a fight by someone who knows what he's doing.
                      When I first started learning kickboxing - as a boxer - my main sparring partner was the British and European pro kickboxing champ. Whenever he spotted me setting my feet to throw punches he would drop down and sweep my lead leg out from under me, then tell that if he'd used a front kick to the knee instead, that would have been my cartiledge smashed.
                      I'm too old to compete nowadays, but I still train and I spar, including grappling, with MMA guys who train at the same gym and do ok.
                      They're not Cain Velasquez, but I'm not a 6.9, 18 st world class heavyweight boxer either.
                      Can you post evidence about Cain offering to fight Fury and Fury backing down ... links, videos, whatever? Because I don't believe it ever happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X