No announcement yet.

Donaire vs Santa Cruz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire vs Santa Cruz?

So Donaire said that he wants either Rigondeaux or Santa Cruz. I don't think many people want to see Donaire/Rigo again -- I mean this is presumably an even lesser version of the Donaire in Donaire/Rigo 1, and that was a pretty one sided affair back then. So f**k, it would have the potential to be even more one sided this time around.

The other name though (Santa Cruz)...kinda intriguing. A clear win for Santa Cruz would legitimize him in a lot of ways. It would be the biggest name by far on his resume. And if Donaire was to win -- it would vault him right back into the picture.

Anybody interested? And if so who would you take and why?

Here's the link by the way. A bunch of it is in Tagalog doe.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/03...aux-santa-cruz

Comment

Top rank and haymon

Won't happen

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        Top rank and haymon

Won't happen
        Probably not. But maybe Bob is ready to cash out Donaire now that he's fallen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          So Donaire said that he wants either Rigondeaux or Santa Cruz. I don't think many people want to see Donaire/Rigo again -- I mean this is presumably an even lesser version of the Donaire in Donaire/Rigo 1, and that was a pretty one sided affair back then. So f**k, it would have the potential to be even more one sided this time around.

The other name though (Santa Cruz)...kinda intriguing. A clear win for Santa Cruz would legitimize him in a lot of ways. It would be the biggest name by far on his resume. And if Donaire was to win -- it would vault him right back into the picture.

Anybody interested? And if so who would you take and why?
          he will never be legit until he fights the Champ...

Comment

Donaire is in a tough spot. If these are his choices I'd go with LSC as we already saw Rigo thoroughly win.

LSC is very active but he hasn't been fighting anyone lately so to go in there with Donaire would be a huge step up. I'd lean toward LSC because DOnaire seems to have some issues making 126 and hasn't looked great in his fights with real opponents (I didn't see last week fight)

Comment

Santa Clause moving up to featherweight for his next fight but if a miracle happens and they both fought, Donaire will knock him out.

Comment

So long as he isn't looking for the same punch or loading up on everything I think Donaire wins.

Comment

I don't rate Santa Cruz at all, I'd back Rigo, Quigg, Frampton and Donaire to beat him.

Comment

Mathebula nearly stole a decision over Donaire through activity, even though Donaire was controlling the fight. It's not crazy to think Santa Cruz could do the same, though he doesn't fight the same style.

Comment

Working...
                    X