No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Algieri, Now With Jackson, Hungry To Face Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    Are people who keep going on about Algieri's last showing forgetting that he was fighting Manny fukin Pacquiao or what?

I've seen about twenty people mention it as if the guy got taken life and death by some bum

Yes he got dropped five times but it was against Manny fookin Pacquiao ya silly ****s.

Not defending him if Khan fights him, i think it's a **** fight for Khan if he wants to go onto fight the big names, i just don't think losing a fight to one of the best boxers on the planet and getting dropped five times by Pacman means Algieri is some bum.

Yeah he got his ass kicked by Pacman but Algieri is still a good little fighter IMO.

Don't wanna see him fight Khan next but if no Broner for Khan i wouldn't mind seeing Broner - Algieri tbh.

He needs to stay at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
      Prov won. Period.
      I thought Provodnikov won also, but it's still a close fight that doesn't make Algieri a bum.

Comment

I hope for Khan's fans sake Khan doesn't fight Algieri or Broner as both have failed at the weight where Khan professes to be one of the top dogs.
        He moves up to welter weight in pursuit of a welterweight title fight and starts sniffing around light welterweights as an easy option.Apart from the fact of Khan being afraid to fight any decent fighter' until next year ' he is clearly NOT the guy everyone was hoping he was and is trying to protect that dodgy jaw/neck like there could be no tomorrow.
        Amir stop this nonsense on the13th of june two weeks after your planned outing do the right thing and fight at Wembley stadium in front of 80,000 people on PPV with a world wide audience for the IBF title against the unbeaten champion of the world for loads of money and massive world wide exposure .Picking on beaten light welterweights only say's what most people think already......prove us wrong !
        Last edited by thack; 04-01-2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Khan shouldn't fight bums like Algieri and Broner... He should step up and fight Jo-Jo Dan.

Comment

ATLEAST he has a real trainer

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
              Khan shouldn't fight bums like Algieri and Broner... He should step up and fight Jo-Jo Dan.
              lmao......

Comment

Good fit for algeiri, he might have the ability to generate power but just does not have his technique right

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  No, it isn't.

People quickly switched their views on Porter after Brook outclassed him. From mini-Tyson to no better than a plodding brawler with power in Provodnikov.

His last showing was an utterly embarrassing display in which he hit the canvas 5 times and lost every round, he's also never fought at 147...It's a joke opponent.

Yes, it is. If anything it is better because given how Chris was regarded coming in to the fight. Brook has boxed all his life, Chris only switched as an adult. Only makes it bigger. Not to mention it was Ring Magazine's Upset of the Year.

People changed their views on Provo too.

He didn't fight at WW, but he did challenge for a version of the title. Good enough.

His last appearance was against P4P best, not Donut Dan. Tell me what you think of Rios's performance against Manny when he ends up fighting Brook.
                  Last edited by Box-Office; 04-01-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    No, it isn't.

People quickly switched their views on Porter after Brook outclassed him. From mini-Tyson to no better than a plodding brawler with power in Provodnikov.

His last showing was an utterly embarrassing display in which he hit the canvas 5 times and lost every round, he's also never fought at 147...It's a joke opponent.
                    Sure is , you'd be a fool to see it any other way !

Comment

having a good trainer is a big part of the game... Let's see if he improves.

I just don't think he'll ever compete at 147 with his punching power being limited.

I think he can compete at 140 though.

Comment

Working...
                      X