Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No One Can Strip Cotto of The Lineal MW Championship Of The World.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
    Hence the term "paper title". He is lineal champion paper because he refuses to defend against top middleweights after beating a clearly disabled opponent.

What he is on paper is not debatable, he's the lineal champion until he's stripped, but whether it has any meaning in the real world is a pretty clear NO.
    Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    Lol I'm not losing any sleep over it, I don't give much credence to titles.

Exactly.
    Cotto hasn't refused to defend against top MW's. He has been granted an option since winning the title in his last fight.

nerd slapper is suggesting signing to fight GGG legitimizes the title he won even though doing so doesn't change any of the dynamics that he posted delegitimizes said title to begin with.

How is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      LOL you're ******ed, I'm done.
      I'm ******ed for giving a factual, no spin take on the situation... Logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        How many times has GGG defended his title? How many times has Cotto defended his?

Now tell me who the real champion is.
        This is an utterly ******ed comparison since Miguel won his title in June 2014 and GGG was elevated to WBA regular title (bogus we all know) early in 2010.

GGG, I remind you, got a waiver as Cotto did to defend against Gaele rather than Fletcher (I think) that they initially mandated. Does that interim defense invalidate GGG's title?

If you don't like that GGG hasn't gotten a shot at the lineal MW title yet, I understand that. You don't get to anoint him champ just because politics suck. Politics has ALWAYS ****** and GGG isn't a special case.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          I'm ******ed for giving a factual, no spin take on the situation... Logic.
          No spin, you're covering all bases. "Cotto is my favorite fighter but so is GGG, so Cotto has a voluntary and if he vacates then GGG is my new favorite fighter, and Cotto can't duck because he's old and deserves money fights" That's your agenda in a nutshell. Later.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Cotto hasn't refused to defend against top MW's. He has been granted an option since winning the title in his last fight.

nerd slapper is suggesting signing to fight GGG legitimizes the title he won even though doing so doesn't change any of the dynamics that he posted delegitimizes said title to begin with.

How is that possible?
            All Cotto has to do to legitimize his title is to defend it against ANY middleweight in his voluntary defense. Whether it is Heiland, Johnson, Monroe or any other fighter who competes regularly in the MW division.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              This is an utterly ******ed comparison since Miguel won his title in June 2014 and GGG was elevated to WBA regular title (bogus we all know) early in 2010.

GGG, I remind you, got a waiver as Cotto did to defend against Gaele rather than Fletcher (I think) that they initially mandated. Does that interim defense invalidate GGG's title?

If you don't like that GGG hasn't gotten a shot at the lineal MW title yet, I understand that. You don't get to anoint him champ just because politics suck. Politics has ALWAYS ****** and GGG isn't a special case.
              Nothing you say will change the FACT that Cotto has yet to defend his title against a middleweight. Or against anyone else for that matter. Once he does, I will consider him a valid MW title holder.

To make you even more happy, chances are that when Cotto vacates or gets stripped for not taking his mandatory, GGG will be directly promoted to WBC Champion and will not have to fight anyone for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                Cotto should fight GGG or vacate, but he has a voluntary first. He's fighting a MW for that voluntary, Cotto isn't doing anything wrong. What that has to do with either one being my favorite fighter, I'm not sure. GGG would destroy Cotto in the ring as well, that doesn't hurt my feelings or bothers me in any way like you think it does.
                I don't get why some of these fans are so emo about Cotto taking a legit MW on as his voluntary... You would think that Canelo is fighting GGG and not Kirkland around here! ahahahaha

Flag Bias is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  Nothing you say will change the FACT that Cotto has yet to defend his title against a middleweight. Or against anyone else for that matter. Once he does, I will consider him a valid MW title holder.

To make you even more happy, chances are that when Cotto vacates or gets stripped for not taking his mandatory, GGG will be directly promoted to WBC Champion and will not have to fight anyone for the title.
                  Nice try at diminishing the FACT that Cotto whooped Martinez's ass on PPV. The SAME Martinez that Canelo wanted NO part of and was a HEAVY favorite to whoop Cotto's ass ON fight night!

Peasants LOVE to move the goal line every single time a Rican gains yardage. It's transparent, desperate and a lot of fun.

"yeah but, to me doe, he sucks because doe I don't wanna acknowledge him doe because his flag looks nothing like my flag doe" < Peasant.

Last edited by PeasantCrusha; 04-01-2015, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                    Nice try at diminishing the FACT that Cotto whooped Martinez's ass on PPV. The SAME Martinez that Canelo wanted NO part of and was a HEAVY favorite to whoop Cotto's ass ON fight night!

Peasants LOVE to move the goal line every single time a Rican gains yardage. It's transparent, desperate and a lot of fun.

"yeah but, to me doe, he sucks because doe I don't wanna acknowledge him doe because his flag looks nothing like my flag doe" < Peasant.

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-gi...artinez--71095

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                      yeah resto only had 8 kos and removed padding and he still couldn't get the guy outta there, it was a split decision I think .

yeah if Tony had his gloves loaded cotto most likely would have went blind like Collins jr. did, but cotto is a taino god and suffered no permanent injuries . That plaster is just an excuse for Ricans to use and call Mexicans cheaters, that's why he never went to prison like resto, and it was also never proven that there was plaster in his wraps even though there was an investigation by the state of California, but we should take your word for it.

Now Tito, he knowingly stacked his wraps every fight he was allowed to. true cheater.
                      when did the CSAC, california state athletic commission, take away margo's pads before or after the cotto fight?

it wasn't known until the mosley fight, and he got suspended for over a year.

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/th...handwrap-issue

imo it is f^cking pathetic that you are literally defending a known cheater. F^ck outta here with bullsh^t like that. Don't dare call yourself a fan of boxing defending platerito

Comment

Working...
                      X