Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No One Can Strip Cotto of The Lineal MW Championship Of The World.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General STRUGG View Post
    No one stripping anyone. Cotto will fight triple GGG at his own time.(probably after his 1st tune up or after canelo.)

So floyd can wait 6 years and cotto cant even fight 1 tune up after a martinez that was supposed to end him?
    Once again, someone who really does not follow the sport very closely. If you did, you would have been aware of statements made at the WBC conference last Dec in Vegas. The WBC made a number of changes, including to their drug testing policy and mandatory defense policy, and stated that these changes would apply to everyone except Floyd due to his accomplishments and what he has brought to the sport of boxing. Agree or disagree with their decision, they did make that statement which basically absolves Floyd - and ONLY Floyd - from the new drug testing and mandatory defense policies.

So yes, Floyd can wait 6 years or even another 10 years without having to accept a mandatory defense. Cotto has one voluntary defense, if he ever gets around to fighting it, and then has to accept his mandatory. Of course, he can always vacate of be stripped if he is not happy.

Comment

That's true. But this is still getting embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        Nah, PCrusha and EaterOfAss would find a way to justify cotto being the lineal champion of eternity and he will always be because blah blah blah.
        Nope, but again you thinking what goes on in your head is reality when that isn't the case. If Cotto was stripped for not fighting GGG or gave up his belt, GGG becomes lineal champion in my opinion when he wins the vacant tile from whoever he faces. Vacating isn't a loss but it's a giving up of your status and the same thing with being stripped.

But you wouldn't know that of course because it's an issue that's being brought up right now. I don't have a problem with him facing a MW as his voluntary is a seperate issue than staying lineal champion. Again, I'm a boxing fan and Cotto is my favorite fighter. You're a Canelo fan who watches boxing, you're a poser and a faker nothing more.
        Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 04-01-2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Yeah because he was sent to prison like Resto.

If Margarito had plaster and laid the beating that he did on Jotto that night, he would not be here today.
          You do know that the guy Resto fought didn't die from the beating either right? So, you made yourself look really, really stupid right now as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
            Once again, someone who really does not follow the sport very closely. If you did, you would have been aware of statements made at the WBC conference last Dec in Vegas. The WBC made a number of changes, including to their drug testing policy and mandatory defense policy, and stated that these changes would apply to everyone except Floyd due to his accomplishments and what he has brought to the sport of boxing. Agree or disagree with their decision, they did make that statement which basically absolves Floyd - and ONLY Floyd - from the new drug testing and mandatory defense policies.

So yes, Floyd can wait 6 years or even another 10 years without having to accept a mandatory defense. Cotto has one voluntary defense, if he ever gets around to fighting it, and then has to accept his mandatory. Of course, he can always vacate of be stripped if he is not happy.
            I think it's funny you think the WBC is now some organization that actually gives a **** about following the rules. Their own rules say they can change the rules at any time, it literally says that. So they could wipe their ass with their mandatory, say we're giving Cotto another voluntary against Canelo/Floyd and guess what... it would be perfectly legal, they wouldn't be breaking any rules because again, they have a rule saying they can change the rules whenever they want. Keep on fighting the good fight and good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              I think it's funny you think the WBC is now some organization that actually gives a **** about following the rules. Their own rules say they can change the rules at any time, it literally says that. So they could wipe their ass with their mandatory, say we're giving Cotto another voluntary against Canelo/Floyd and guess what... it would be perfectly legal, they wouldn't be breaking any rules because again, they have a rule saying they can change the rules whenever they want. Keep on fighting the good fight and good luck with that.
              Sounds about right.

Comment

Yeah because he was sent to prison like Resto.

If Margarito had plaster and laid the beating that he did on Jotto that night, he would not be here today.
                Nah, no prison time but banned for a year because the evidence was enough for the commission to make that ruling. He would have been sent to prison had they confiscated his wraps after the Cotto fight as opposed to before the Mosley fight. It spared tony a little jail time that he was caught PRIOR to assaulting Mosley. Cotto's corner let him down in the first fight by not ensuring Margarito's wraps were legit/minus plaster magic powder.

Comment

If you refuse to fight the best guy in your division you strip yourself. By your logic Adonis Stevenson's linela light heavyweight title is still held by Andre Ward.

Comment

Yet another reason why lineal titles have become as much of a joke as diamond silver belts.

Enter the highest bid to fight a guy who would qualify for disability benefits in any 1st world country >>> Refuse to ever fight in that division again. Legacy!

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                      You do know that the guy Resto fought didn't die from the beating either right? So, you made yourself look really, really stupid right now as usual.
                      Yeah because I said Collins Jr died because of the plaster.
                      God you're fckng dumb. Always trying to twist ****. Show me where I said he died? You know he never boxed again and he actually did die a few weeks later from suicide lol

Comment

Working...
                      X