Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No One Can Strip Cotto of The Lineal MW Championship Of The World.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    yeah resto only had 8 kos and removed padding and he still couldn't get the guy outta there, it was a split decision I think .

yeah if Tony had his gloves loaded cotto most likely would have went blind like Collins jr. did, but cotto is a taino god and suffered no permanent injuries . That plaster is just an excuse for Ricans to use and call Mexicans cheaters, that's why he never went to prison like resto, and it was also never proven that there was plaster in his wraps even though there was an investigation by the state of California, but we should take your word for it.

Now Tito, he knowingly stacked his wraps every fight he was allowed to. true cheater.
    Dude all Mexican fighters are not cheaters Antonio Margarito was, Tito was never punished or investigated for anything. Margarito was suspended for a year because there was evidence of wrong doing for the Mosely fight. This is not a PR vs Mexico issue because all my Mexican friends and family members were disgusted with Margarito as much or more then I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
      Yes this guy does believe Mauricio wasn't really Jose's son and that the blood that runs thru his vains is that of an honest business man. And boxers never take dives Mickey Rourke at the ripe age of 62 really knocked out that homeless guy. Money makes the world go round and I believe HBO has factored in that Cotto/Canelo looks better with the phucking belt on the line. So this gentlemen needs to get ready to loose respect for his god of boxing as he promised on another thread because GGG will step aside.
      I believe in no gods, boxing or otherwise. I meant every word I said, however, and I will lose respect for GGG if he willingly steps aside to allow Cotto and Canelo to fight for the title. If he is pushed aside by WBC, I will no longer consider that sanctioning body to be one of the major titles.

Considering that most everyone here claims that the WBC title is meaningless and worthless, it should make no difference to the value of a Cotto-Canelo fight whether the title is at stake or if Cotto has been stripped. Unless of course there are hypocrites posting here.

Comment

you said he didn't have his LICENSE, I presented facts and you deflect. "But but Trainer's license doe"

He was granted a LICENSE from the state of CALIFORNIA (I thought he was banned for life doe?) to be in his fighters' corner.

Just presenting facts.
        He is banned, which is why he was that guys main training but essential got a promoters licensed to sit second there. He was equivalent to Leonard Ellerbe. He got a completely different licensed, he still isn't allowed to have a license to train in California.

Comment

Guerrero Ruben S 8/29/57 S 6/21/14 6/30/15

HMMMM All these guy who I thought were trainers don't have their "TRAINERS" licenses but instead they have "seconds" licenses. What does this mean?
          Now what's the issue? Sorry, your boy was not a head trainer. I don't care about the other guys, because they didn't have issues with illegal wraps. Since that has happened, your guy has been relegated to giving a guy water and rubbing his nipples. If you're proud of that, congrats he still is not allowed to do what he was allowed to do in the Margarito fight. Which is be their head trainer.
          Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 04-01-2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• you do realize "Lineal" doesnt really mean shit. Its was a HBO gimmic to promote fights that just stuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              IMO Martinez lost his lineal title to Murray, and Golovkin beat Murray now. So GGG is the lineal champ at 160.
              If someone calls out moron do you come running?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                I believe in no gods, boxing or otherwise. I meant every word I said, however, and I will lose respect for GGG if he willingly steps aside to allow Cotto and Canelo to fight for the title. If he is pushed aside by WBC, I will no longer consider that sanctioning body to be one of the major titles.

Considering that most everyone here claims that the WBC title is meaningless and worthless, it should make no difference to the value of a Cotto-Canelo fight whether the title is at stake or if Cotto has been stripped. Unless of course there are hypocrites posting here.
                I personally speaking don't think a Canelo/Cotto fight will need the title on the line to sell. But the casual fan will wonder why is the fight on PPV without a title on the line. This is true for the Mayweather/Pacquiao thats why the titles are on the line there. And what will happen is that they will fight for the title and GGG like a good boy will step aside.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
                  They can take his WBC belt but he will still be the champion of the division just like Martinez was when they took away his WBC belt. He is still the men that beat the men and the only way he loses that is in the ring or by retiring.
                  I guess you could say that, but who would want to call a fighter Champ that would rather give up his belt, than to defend it against the best? I'm starting to wonder if Cotto has developed a yellow streak down his back, the last couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                  X