Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxers are willing to die in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which boxers are willing to die in the ring?

So I just remember an interview of Nazim Richardson and he was asked this question. He said Margarito and I think maybe he also said Gatti. Who do you guys think would be willing to risk their life?

All of them. They are all aware of the risk they are taking by going out there and punching each other in the face for however long the fight may last. IDC if the fighter is a defensive wizard or not, a master "runner" or brawler.. they all risk their lives by taking part in this sport.

Comment

Provodnikov,Gabriel rosado,Juan Manuel Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
        Provodnikov,Gabriel rosado,Juan Manuel Marquez.
        This, maybe add Rios to the list.

Comment

Pac-Man definitely belongs on the list. Hell some people actually thought he f**king died in the ring against Marquez. Yet he was back in there with an all-out brawler a year later and has fought 3 fights since (the KO).

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            All of them. They are all aware of the risk they are taking by going out there and punching each other in the face for however long the fight may last. IDC if the fighter is a defensive wizard or not, a master "runner" or brawler.. they all risk their lives by taking part in this sport.
            That's kind but simply not true, there is no need to idealize boxers, "health comes first" is a Mayweather phrase, while the meaning can be misconstrued it definitely doesn't mean ready to die.

Comment

Paulie Malinaggi, Floyd Mayweather, Danny Garcia, Mike Alvarado, Yori Boy Campas, Andrew Gollota, just to name a few.

Sarcasm for you clowns who couldn't tell a circus from a Perez Hilton bath house party.

Comment

Im gonna say none. They realize its a sport and potential for injury there, like football, but none are willing to die in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                  That's kind but simply not true, there is no need to idealize boxers, "health comes first" is a Mayweather phrase, while the meaning can be misconstrued it definitely doesn't mean ready to die.

Health comes first can only be upheld to an extent. Mayweather as well as any other fighter stepping in the ring and fighting are fully aware of the risks they are taking. Look at Rigondeaux ffs, defensive God yet gets dropped. Hell, Mayweather himself has been tagged and hurt by the likes of Corley, Judah, Mosley, Maidana, etc.. He may say "health comes first" but that doesn't negate the fact that he(as well as anyone else) is taking chances at death everytime he fights.

It just goes hand in hand with fighting for a living.

Comment

You can say all of them because everytime you step into the ring you put your life on the line. However not everyone is willing to die in the ring when the tough gets going.

Mike Alvarado said enough is enough against Provo because he had absolutely nothing left. Don't get me wrong, I think that's great. Somebody like Victor Ortiz would rather quit than take a serious beating. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. There are more important things in life than boxing.

Then you have fighters that are just too tough for their their own good cause they have that kind of mentality "You have to kill me to beat me" and simply don't know when to stop.

I'd say Margarito. Evander Holyfield is another one. Brandon Rios and Gatti (R.I.P)
                    Last edited by VatoMulatto; 03-30-2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X