Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russell Blames Exhaustion For Lomachenko Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't buy it. I still saw the same slap boxing in his last fight against Martin.

He couldn't even knockout Martin, or drop him, and he was coming off a KO loss to Marriaga.

Comment

Lomachenko made him look like an amateur. He totally outclassed him.

Comment

The 116-112 cards were giving Gary the benefit of the doubt as it was, still can't understand how Lisa Giampa wasn't suspended for her BS card. Hoping Gonzalez ends this charade.

Comment

No need for the excuses, Loma was on a different level that night. GRJ didn't start to fatigue until well after the 6th round. He needs to set up the punches a little better because Loma was blocking almost everything. Gonzalez isn't the boxer that Loma is so I think the openings will definitely be there tonight.
          Last edited by mathed; 03-28-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

TBA took russell prime away before lomachenko fought him doe.

Comment

gotta respect russell, even though by the midway point he reached muscular failure, he was still letting those punches fly, and damn did he take a beating

mad respect bro

Comment

Yep, kinda delusional. He looked fine at the start of the bout. He was just outclassed and hitting a lot of air. That combined with taking a lot of punches to the body will tire anybody out.

Would not be surprised if Gonzalez wins tonight with his superior power and reach. I think GRJ will at least be put on ***** street a few times during the fight if he doesn't get Jhonny out of there quickly with his speed.

Comment

Or maybe it was because he was in the ring with a supremely gifted fighter who was better than him in almost all facets of boxing? Just maybe that was it? He's still going to beat Gonzalez pretty good.

Comment

Those solid scorecards would have been 120-108 for Gary if he wasn't so tired.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      Those solid scorecards would have been 120-108 for Gary if he wasn't so tired.
                      Happens 99 times out of 100...next time

Comment

Working...
                      X