Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best resume - Wladimir Klitschko vs Joe Frazier?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frazier obviously ... but wlad's resume is much better than many give him credit for

Comment

Over all Wlad's is better but Joe was one of the best wins of all time beating an unbeaten Ali who went on to have many more great wins. Longevity says alot about a fighter and Frazier couldn't stay on top for long.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        His losses to Foreman puts him behind? Where does Wlad's losses to Purrity, Sanders and Brewster put him?
        Vlad wasn't KTFO in his prime like Frazier was.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          Wlad beat much harder guys to hurt than Frazier did.If you switch the opponents around I think its obvious who had the better resume...Frazier barley got by Mathis ,he was losing after round 7,and almost dropped Frazier sometime before that,he tiired out and lost in the 11th or so round..mathis had never been past round 9 I think? Mathis at 6'4 240 was about the same size opponets Wlad fights....now put a guy like Bonevena at 6'0 200/210 pounds or so who also dropped Frazier vs Wlad and its pretty clear its going to be a short fight... Ali is the only guy I see remotely giving Wlad a run for his money,and I know im in the minority here ,but wlad would out class ali because he DOES have the better jab I don't see how that's even disputable.Frazier would struggle severly with the monster punchers Wlad fought,he simply wouldn't handle them well, I believe that's why he never fought lyle,Norton or shavers for that reason.
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-27-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            As you can see by the poll. Some posters think Wlad has a better resume.
            12 deluded ukrainians lol

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Wlad beat much harder guys to hurt than Frazier did.If you switch the opponents around I think its obvious who had the better resume...Frazier barley got by Mathis ,he was losing after round 7,and almost dropped Frazier sometime before that,he tiired out and lost in the 11th or so round..mathis had never been past round 9 I think? Mathis at 6'4 240 was about the same size opponets Wlad fights....now put a guy like Bonevena at 6'0 200/210 pounds or so who also dropped Frazier vs Wlad and its pretty clear its going to be a short fight... Ali is the only guy I see remotely giving Wlad a run for his money,and I know im in the minority here ,but wlad would out class ali because he DOES have the better jab I don't see how that's even disputable.
              Yes Buster Mathis was Wlad's size but the thing was, he was hitting Frazier with 8oz gloves aswell. Also Buster Mathis was a good boxer, he actually beat Joe in the amateurs to win an Olympic berth but pulled out because of injury. Joe then took his spot and went on to win gold.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                Frazier wasn't in his prime when he lost to foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  BTW - From the Frazier list, one name that is missing is Ken Norton. We missed that possible match up. They were close friends ...... Too bad.
                  Its similar to Wladimir not fighting his brother. If they were not brothers or brothers who had a strong rivalry type relationship, that would have been a big HW fight....... Too bad.

Earnie shavers is another.

Oh and yeah, Vitali would have smashed him to bits in under 3.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                    Yes Buster Mathis was Wlad's size but the thing was, he was hitting Frazier with 8oz gloves aswell. Also Buster Mathis was a good boxer, he actually beat Joe in the amateurs to win an Olympic berth but pulled out because of injury. Joe then took his spot and went on to win gold.
                    Well that works both ways..put 8oz gloves on Wlad and hes even faster as well..Mathis skills were not much different than Wlads top opponents .Just like put 5 oz gloves on Wlad and against anyone of yester years fighters it would be a clinic of pure destruction.Mathis compared to Wlad would be nothing more than a sparring match for klitchko,i don't remotely see the skill being as good there.Mathis was also not a power puncher either and if he fought guys like himself would have a relative weak knockout percentage. Overall Wlad has the better Resume than Frazier.Had Frazier fought more top guys/known punchers instead of avoiding them you can make a case but Wlad has fought and beat everyone ,the only guy left and up and coming is wilder,who he has already dropped in sparring before.
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-27-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Wlad bores the hell out of me. I don't care for HW division now for over a decade. Bunch of 6'6 super heavyweights, beating on heavyweights for glory.

Comment

Working...
                      X