Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good was Gerald McClellan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defensively he could be got too, but anyone with his power, chin and offensive ability is a very very tough night.

Ggg fight could be interesting. Despite the circumstances I do think Benn exposed some weaknesses dipping under G-Man's jab and throwing shots over McClellans straights. As of now though I think Ggg is just too untested to get a good gauge of how he would compete with this type of fighter

Comment

How is it any different then when people whine about stevenson? Any chance they get.Mccellan was a rat rest in piss

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        How is it any different then when people whine about stevenson? Any chance they get.Mccellan was a rat rest in piss
        The irony of slagging off McClellan when you've got FMjr in your avi.

Seriously. We are boxing fans, we aren't looking to date these guys

Comment

His actions outside the ring have nothing to do with his fighting ability, being a bad person doesn't negate what he did in the ring. Floyd has been convicted of domestic violence yet it doesn't alter the fact that he is one of the the most gifted fighters of this generation. Mike Tyson was convicted of **** yet a lot of people rank him as a top 10 HW. So stop being such ******* and gain the ability to separate inside/outside the ring opinions.

Comment

A monster. In and out of the ring.

They figured Benn was done and Benn proved to be a Lion.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
              His actions outside the ring have nothing to do with his fighting ability, being a bad person doesn't negate what he did in the ring. Floyd has been convicted of domestic violence yet it doesn't alter the fact that he is one of the the most gifted fighters of this generation. Mike Tyson was convicted of **** yet a lot of people rank him as a top 10 HW. So stop being such ******* and gain the ability to separate inside/outside the ring opinions.
              Exactly, this. I will rep when I can again. I don't condone or excuse anyone's bad actions but I am asking you to separate boxing and personal life for the point of this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
                Thats like praising Hitler because he liked to paint. You're just about the most ****** ignorant **** i've seen on NSB and if you were in front of me i'm kick your f88cking ****** **** head in.

You're a massive wallychops **** face, go suck on yo mommas balls.
                I wish people raised there children with enough manners to hold a decent civillised conversation without having to use vulgar and pathetic language for no reason.

Comment

He was a freakint beast

Comment

McClellan's resume is weak to be honest, but he was a truly vicious puncher and had that aura about him as a fighter that makes people want to watch him.

But I think he's a classic example of why offensive fighters can find it much harder to move up in weight. His defence was terrible at times, which meant facing Nigel Benn in his first fight at 168 was a high risk proposition.

Benn could hardly miss with a right hand in that fight, and I don't know if you can attribute the disaster that befell McClellan to that but it probably didn't help.

Comment

A strong candidate for the hardest punching middleweight of all time and was pretty devastating offensively because he had speed, range and a lot of skill to go with the massive power. Was pretty reckless though, largely eschewing defence.

Comment

Working...
                      X