This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I'm not a floyd fan, but you gotta give him his due... Been p4p and world champ since 1998..

Bill Clinton was still in office
    Tory aikman,Emmett smith, Michael Irvin were still with Cowboys
    No twilight, Harry potter or lord of the ring movies had yet to be made
    Rock, Stonecold, and mankind were all in their primes
    I was in high school
    Evander holyfield was the heavyweight champ
    Jermain taylor, Miguel cotto, jeff lacy, Juan Diaz hadn't even turned pro yet
    People still used beepers and pagers
    Pete Carroll was the New England Patriots coach

That's a long ass time
    Exactly. I am not a Floyd fan myself but no one can take away what he has accomplished. I have said It before and will say It again. His fans are worse than he Is.

Comment

I'm not sure that either Pacquiao or Mayweather should be very proud of beating Hatton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-punch-246861

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...by-drug-dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
        what is that?
        Lmfao.......

Comment

Castillo is the best fighter floyd fought, and Floyd lost the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            I'm not a floyd fan, but you gotta give him his due... Been p4p and world champ since 1998..

Bill Clinton was still in office
            Tory aikman,Emmett smith, Michael Irvin were still with Cowboys
            No twilight, Harry potter or lord of the ring movies had yet to be made
            Rock, Stonecold, and mankind were all in their primes
            I was in high school
            Evander holyfield was the heavyweight champ
            Jermain taylor, Miguel cotto, jeff lacy, Juan Diaz hadn't even turned pro yet
            People still used beepers and pagers
            Pete Carroll was the New England Patriots coach

That's a long ass time
            Give me a ****ing break... I came into this thread to say how wrong the OP is but this argument is bogus... By that ****ing logic, Hopkins and freaking Calzaghe are TBE... Mayweather was champion that long because he faced somewhat decent comp...that's it

Now to the OP. Sir you are wrong. Even tho Canelo was a scrub come fight night, floyd dismantled everything canelo threw at him, and canelo was def a better win.

He's faced and beat better boxers. Never the elite in their prime but he's had a great career.

Comment

Good lord.

You guys hate on Mayweather so much, u just s-h-i-t on any fighter he ever fought.

So I take it your not fans of anyone Mayweather ever fought either, how can you be?

Comment

So I take it, Manny gets no credit for beating Delahoya, Hatton and Mosley since he fought all 3 after Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by 5.4ever View Post
                  Give me a ****ing break... I came into this thread to say how wrong the OP is but this argument is bogus... By that ****ing logic, Hopkins and freaking Calzaghe are TBE... Mayweather was champion that long because he faced somewhat decent comp...that's it

Now to the OP. Sir you are wrong. Even tho Canelo was a scrub come fight night, floyd dismantled everything canelo threw at him, and canelo was def a better win.

He's faced and beat better boxers. Never the elite in their prime but he's had a great career.
                  Lmao... Due has gone from 130-154 over a 17 year period, goes undefeated, fights plenty of world class guys, once fought five straight fights in four different weight classes the lineal or #1 rated fighter and won each in dominant fashion..

Outside of manny and hopkins, nobody's resume can compare to floyd..

Comment

Why stop there? Hatton was an overrated bum aswell.

He was #8 P4P but that doesn't matter.

Floyd has literally never fought a decent fighter. Forget good, not even decent.

11 time World Champion in 5 different weight classes. Fought the #1 ranked fighter in the division 9 times, Top 5 ranked in the division 15 times and Ring P4P top 10 guys 7 times.

And out of all of that, not a single decent win.

Comment

I remember watching the Hatton fight live lol, was a noob back then, thought Hatton was doing really well LOL... my old man said something along the lines of.. "I think that Mayweather is more of a boxer, this Hatton's more of a reckless type, Mayweather looks more skilled" right before the knockout lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X